ERRRR!! DIRECTV!!

mamaof3

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
We have had DTV for 2 years, we have somewhere around 150 or so channels but we have to HD service, well when we made our recent move DH was in pioneer mode and wanted everything thing cut, internet, satellite, home phone. ONly keep cell phone and necessities.:barnie

Well I told him I was keeping the internet WE use it way too much. As for DTV, I called and canceleld and the next day a manager called me. here is our convo..

Manager...Why r u cancelling

ME...To much money

MAnager...What about dropping your package to a smaller one

Me...Problem with that, the only channels worth watching are on the more expensive one

Manager...How about Giving you the current package you have $10 cheaper for a year, your HD access free for a year, Starz and SHotime for 6 months free and take care of your current bill which was $72

Me...sounds great keep it on

So my bill has dropped from 72 to 33 a month..it was worth me being a loyal customer and then out of the blue cancelling, they wanted to keep me.

My 3YO gives me a few hours of work time with the shows he gets to watch and at night Sprout lets him watch a cartoon without getting worked up cause they are quieter toons...

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
mama
I just did that with my internet service. got myself lowered down $10 per month on it.

you know what....after that conversation you had, I am calling directv and saying I am cancelling...and see what it gets me.

why not right?

thanks....

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Let us know if you get a discount FC!