explain property lines please

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
http://www.trulia.com/property/3063909367-19-Morais-Lane-Orangeburg-SC-29118

this is a google satellite image hope it works but if not the addy is above to type in
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

ok im going to look at this house next week

but i have a question for anyone who knows property lines

you will have to look at the satellitle map to know what im talking about

it is the house at the very end of that dirt road with the white car

now you see that the dirt road/driveway ends at this property that im looking at

well what if someone sells property that is on the other side of this house how would the new people get to their property

would it be via the dirt road/ driveway and the dirt road would just be longer

i dont know yet who owns the land whether its the people who own that land with the pond thats directly in front of the house or if its the houseon the highway thats to the left of morais ln

OH IF YOU WERE BIDDING ON THIS WHAT WOULD YOUR LOWEST BID BE. CASH PRICE. DO YOU THINK 37 WOULD BE GOOD. ITS BEEN LISTED FOR 112 DAYS AND THEY HAVE DROPPED IT 4K RECENTLY. THE HOUSE IS IN AWESOME CODITION ON THE EXTERIOR BUT I HAVENT GOTTEN INSIDE YET. ITS ON LIKE 36000 SO ITS ALMOST AN ACRE. OH AND IT IS A FORECLOSURE.

i dont really care about the property in front but i am concerned about the land beyond that dirt rd

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I have no idea what property costs in that area, and as for the road, it would depend to a point on the township. The only reason no one has turned the woods next to me into a housing development is because if they did this, they'd have to pay to widen our road, plus put extend the road into the woods and add a cul de sac. And, w/the number of houses that could be built, as well as the cost of the paving, it's not worth the investment.

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I live up the road from you in Batesburg. I would suggest go to the courthouse and look up the deed. See what other properties are around it. The deed and title will tell you who owns the adjoining properties. We just bought our property in 2010.
We had another piece of land down the road, but, to develop it, it had to meet certain restrictions. 500' driveway approach, line of site. Because it didn't have that, we couldn't build on it.

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i was suppose to move to wagener last year (big headache) still have the property and it was liveable then but after many many renovations and the guy milking the you know what out of me i said screw and i will just buy another property. hopefully ONE DAY i will move to the property in wagener ONE DAY. i have 10 gorgeous acres there with what used to be a 3br mobile home. but i cant deal with 3 bedrooms and 3 kids any longer so i need a 4br. go figure the mobile home in wagener is a 5br just cant move into the darn thing until i find someone to run ALL THE ELECTRICAL

moxies_chickennuggets said:
I live up the road from you in Batesburg. I would suggest go to the courthouse and look up the deed. See what other properties are around it. The deed and title will tell you who owns the adjoining properties. We just bought our property in 2010.
We had another piece of land down the road, but, to develop it, it had to meet certain restrictions. 500' driveway approach, line of site. Because it didn't have that, we couldn't build on it.

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yes, I do understand. It took myself and SO 18 months of searching to find the place we have now. I lived in Fountain Inn, and he was living in Calhoun Falls, then moved to Leesville to stay with his parents till he found a place closer.

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
since you are familiar with sc csountry properties well let me ask you

how much would you bid on that house if it was a cash offer

Yes, I do understand. It took myself and SO 18 months of searching to find the place we have now. I lived in Fountain Inn, and he was living in Calhoun Falls, then moved to Leesville to stay with his parents till he found a place closer.

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Offer the bid you presented. The worst they can say is "no". Ours was posted for 29K.....SO offered 17K. The bank took it. Yours, depends on the condition of the property, who owns it, etc.

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
from the outside the house is in awesome condition with what i see is no work needed

it is a fannie mae property

Offer the bid you presented. The worst they can say is "no". Ours was posted for 29K.....SO offered 17K. The bank took it. Yours, depends on the condition of the property, who owns it, etc.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
that! short sales are a pain these days.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
google maps isnt showing me the actual property lines for the property so it would realy depdn on where those lines fall, the rest would depend on who owned the land...
judging by the earth image it looks like its fairly rocky/hilly to the back of that house where all the trees are.
my bet is theyd just extend the road and if it runs through your proprty youd have to agree and give easment rights...if you dont agree the person buying/building on the paroerty would have to find a new acess point..
if the road woudlnt have to go throuh your land theyd probably just extend the road.