Extreme Couponing

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
Total bill was $91, but after coupons $38. I got two free Lock & Lock bread containers for free :woot
now that is a great savings. well done!!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
Wannabefree said:
Total bill was $91, but after coupons $38. I got two free Lock & Lock bread containers for free :woot
now that is a great savings. well done!!
Thanks :) The best part was my neighbor let me send her to the store ;) I didn't even have to get in the heat since she was going anyway. I love her! :D

ducks4you

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I don't extreme coupon, but I do chase sales. The time to find the best prices is the last FULL week of the month. Most people blow their budget the FIRST full week, so the stores wait until later to offer the best deals, when fewer customers have the money for it. It helps their bottom lines.
Best buy on coffee beans where I live is 8 o'clock, but ONLY at WalMart. Last year they printed 10% off coupons in the bag. DD found the last ones a couple of weeks ago, when I took the train down to C-dale, IL (she's in Law School) to help her clean house after finals. Last week I bought three 36 ounce packages and four 11 oz packages--froze most of it--before they expired on 12-31-12.
If prices soar again, I bet they'll do the same. Look for the top of the package to tell you about a coupon, and find the coupon on the inside of the package. I cut them, then save in a small ziplock bag, kept in my kitchen drawer. I kept one or two this year at all times in my wallet, too.