FarmerDenise's journal - full on harvest time = busy, busy, busy

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Hard too imagine, isn't it. From that incredibly beautifull chicken to my poor ugly one :p
Poor Susie, she's freezing her petootie off right now, but won't let me catch her.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
That is really sad, what has happened to Susie. :( Do you think she will ever recover her plumage?

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Aww, I have a crippled chicken that everyone loves. The neighbors even get anxious if she hasn't wandered into view for a day or two. She has the run of the yard and doggie has been trained not to harrass her (or kill her.) Lola is her name. She has to come in the house in the winter :he (the things I do for love...for dh) because she can't get off the frozen ground and she can't live with the flock and she can't take the cold by herself....

Interestingly, she bosses the three guineas around. They respect her. They beat everyone else up, even tormented my BR tom and chased him over the fence....into the neighbor's yard. Now he has to live in a pen with a top, to protect him from the guineas. And they leave little Lola alone! She is probably 3 lbs and the tom is at least 35 lbs!

So I understand.....poor little naked chickie.....I'd nickname her "The Streaker!" :lol:

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I spent a good part of the morning cleaning the kitchen. Then I filled three more trays with peaches to be dryed and made a few jars of peach and strawberry jam.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I just cannot believe the difference in the pictures of Suzy!!! Wow, wonder what made her lose all her feathers, poor thing.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I fed the rabbit and the chickens their dinner. I had also made dog food earlier and fed some of the freshly made meal to the dog.
One of the chicks got lost and mamma hen thought the dog had something to do with it, you should have seen that BO go after poor Spike. Spike didn't know what to make of it. I finally grabbed the momma and showed her the chick in my hand. She walked of with in a huff.
I'm getting hungry. Still gotta feed the kitten it's bottle though, before I can eat. It is amazing how tiny and helpless they are. And in just a few weeks they grow into miniature cats like my Petey, I just adopted. We now have three black cats of varying ages in the house.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I went out and fed the rabbit, the rest of the chickens, checked on Mandy and her three chicks and let them out. The dog also got her breakfast of kibble and homemade food. I weeded the millet and gave the greens to the chickens. Pulled some greens for the rabbit as well.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
You might try giving Easter a little of that yogurt, maybe with a little scrambled egg yolk. The probiotics might be a big help.

Latest posts