FarmerJamie - A new beginning

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Would like some feedback....
background->wife has some gastro issues often with lots of bathroom time. I am concerned with the septic and the amount of paper used during the flare ups.

Thoughts on installing a bidet? Anyone have experience? Either use or installation? The options are overwhelming. She is interested

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
On the Reddit prepper sub, thousands have advocated a bidet. With zero not liking it. You still need a tiny bit of TP, but nothing like normal people.

With my EPI in check, I'm no longer worried about the septic. But it was horrible and I was worried that we'd have to pump it sooner than later.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
On the Reddit prepper sub, thousands have advocated a bidet. With zero not liking it. You still need a tiny bit of TP, but nothing like normal people.

With my EPI in check, I'm no longer worried about the septic. But it was horrible and I was worried that we'd have to pump it sooner than later.
Any recommendations? I see the existing commode add on seats, to complete units. I have no clue. Easier to run the garden hose to the outhouse

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So when are all ya all showing up to help?

i'm always there in spirit... sorry... i have my own messes to clean up here along with everything else that Mom comes up with which means more work eventually for me... sometimes i think she just does stuff to make sure i'm so busy i can't do much else... ok, it's not quite that bad and i do love it here and am a homebody. if someone would get those teleporter booths invented so you can just pop over to someone's place for a bit and then come back it would be great. except, well, there are times when you really don't want pop overs, i'd need a sign that says, "Sorry, napping, come back some other time." or perhaps a bounce screen where someone who teleports in just gets bounced back without troubles with a polite note attached to their collar saying similar... i'd even give out chocolates but i think then you'd get people teleporting just to get the chocolates...

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
*nods* :) often my response is to shake my head and back away slowly while muttering about "maintenance", "engineering" and "longevity"...
This is the wife's first real completed home, not renting. She and her ex husband were living in their furnished garage loft as they were building out the house, and then got divorced mid process. Decades of pent up decorating desire.

I have been renting for 10+ years now. I'm ready to hang pictures on "our" walls!

My girls are going to do my office. I am going to pick the colors, point out where I need my electronics, and identify everything I want displayed. Otherwise it's up to them.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Hubs is/was a painting contractor for over 30 years. Residential only. I am clearly color impaired since he can see colors with backgrounds and shades, like your wife, but I can't. Looks gray to me. Looks blue to me. Looks taupe to me.

One thing that he does is do half or quarter formula on adjacent walls. And always paint the ceilings lighter - they show up darker, but its an illusion.

What the heck is with the window instead of a slider? Thats just crazy. Go scour HD and Lowes for clearance windows. Once the MST's come thru (outside company hired by the big box stores) and mark down products by department, to make room for incoming product, that is when you'll find good deals. Oh, and the crew of MST's goes from store to store. So the store in Channing will have this dept marked down, but store #3 in Cleveland won't yet, cus the MST's for hardware/building haven't gotten there....I learned alot by talking to my local manager cus we have two HD's and two Lowes.

Another thing I thought of the other day: if you don't already, go get a Exec membership at Costco. Open a Citi bank Costco CC. Then buy your new appliances (if you go new vs used) and you get double rebate on both the citi card and Costco. This adds up for major purchases. Then when you're done, cancel your exec membership. This was explained to me by a Costco membership person.
@murphysranch
Wife is deep into investigating Costo.
Ha! She just asked if I minded if she visited Costo today (to walk through as a guest)