FarmerJamie - A new beginning

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Going to paint most of the house the same color scheme. Base color, one accent color. Exception, master bedroom, my office, the two bathrooms.

We are leaning towards greys as mentioned previously

Last edited:

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Priority is the kitchen. That is a window, not a sliding door, planning on getting something to add as a peninsula
received_1204227533867845.jpeg
received_816000986889751.jpeg
received_990046125558030.jpeg

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
When I sold the Lindale farm and moved into my sons house, I painted it light gray with shiny white trim. It looked real nice.
When I bought this place, with the hated vinyl mobile home walls, I chose color. Living room and kitchen are connected, both painted a sage green. My bedroom/ bathroom is light blue. Hallway, bathroom and sons/guest room is a cream color. Little granddaughters room is a lavender color.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
When I sold the Lindale farm and moved into my sons house, I painted it light gray with shiny white trim. It looked real nice.
When I bought this place, with the hated vinyl mobile home walls, I chose color. Living room and kitchen are connected, both painted a sage green. My bedroom/ bathroom is light blue. Hallway, bathroom and sons/guest room is a cream color. Little granddaughters room is a lavender color.
I have the 8 crayon Crayola box. 🖍

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Color is good. In Lindale I painted the whole house beige with white trim and a dull white ceiling. Boring.
Do spice it up, use some color and you’ll be glad you did. Your wife can bring out her inner house decor!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
our whole house here is eggshell white with an orange red stain on the wood trim. the floors are all maple with a clear coat finish. it all looks nice to me and i can add colors via furniture or rugs if needed, but it is Mom's show the rest of the house so she does her thing. in my room i have bright primary color bits of furniture but with it being cluttered you don't see it much. all ok with me.

this shows the fireplace but also gives you an idea of what the rest of it looks like...

featured_hu85f89d7318e9fc59020798a0de6929b6_1165430_720x0_resize_q90_lanczos.jpg

the eggshell white gives it such a bright feel and it doesn't take a lot of light to feel bright enough, but this place was designed to be an artist gallery so the track lights will really make it bright if we turn those on. we don't really use them that often now, but with LED bulbs in them they're a lot better than before if we do turn them on. plus we do use some upside down LED shop lights to reflect off the ceiling for extra bright light in the kitchen and in Mom's room where she quilts.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
our whole house here is eggshell white with an orange red stain on the wood trim. the floors are all maple with a clear coat finish. it all looks nice to me and i can add colors via furniture or rugs if needed, but it is Mom's show the rest of the house so she does her thing. in my room i have bright primary color bits of furniture but with it being cluttered you don't see it much. all ok with me.

this shows the fireplace but also gives you an idea of what the rest of it looks like...

featured_hu85f89d7318e9fc59020798a0de6929b6_1165430_720x0_resize_q90_lanczos.jpg

the eggshell white gives it such a bright feel and it doesn't take a lot of light to feel bright enough, but this place was designed to be an artist gallery so the track lights will really make it bright if we turn those on. we don't really use them that often now, but with LED bulbs in them they're a lot better than before if we do turn them on. plus we do use some upside down LED shop lights to reflect off the ceiling for extra bright light in the kitchen and in Mom's room where she quilts.
Cool.
We both like a more muted environment. We shall see

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hubs is/was a painting contractor for over 30 years. Residential only. I am clearly color impaired since he can see colors with backgrounds and shades, like your wife, but I can't. Looks gray to me. Looks blue to me. Looks taupe to me.

One thing that he does is do half or quarter formula on adjacent walls. And always paint the ceilings lighter - they show up darker, but its an illusion.

What the heck is with the window instead of a slider? Thats just crazy. Go scour HD and Lowes for clearance windows. Once the MST's come thru (outside company hired by the big box stores) and mark down products by department, to make room for incoming product, that is when you'll find good deals. Oh, and the crew of MST's goes from store to store. So the store in Channing will have this dept marked down, but store #3 in Cleveland won't yet, cus the MST's for hardware/building haven't gotten there....I learned alot by talking to my local manager cus we have two HD's and two Lowes.

Another thing I thought of the other day: if you don't already, go get a Exec membership at Costco. Open a Citi bank Costco CC. Then buy your new appliances (if you go new vs used) and you get double rebate on both the citi card and Costco. This adds up for major purchases. Then when you're done, cancel your exec membership. This was explained to me by a Costco membership person.