FarmerJamie - A new beginning

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Not certain which particular thread to use, so landed here.

Slept through midnight last night, wife let me sleep. I let her sleep this morning. Lol.

Had a long thinking session over coffee and light SAD therapy this morning. Depression is a real thing, it's not always "I am sad", but something that just saps your energy. So at least this morning, I got it together for a little bit. the spare bedroom had become a dumping ground of sorts as Christmas gifts came in. Three whole boxes of the air bag packing materials. The room is now cleaned up, recycling materials in the trunk of the car, room swept and dusted. Two totes of stuff from elsewhere in the house taken to the basement (including tagging contents on the box top and side).

About a third of the kitchen scrubbed well, including the stove top. Going to try to hit the living room this afternoon.

I carried the canner down to the basement. Its now with my dehydrator, squeeze-o, meat slicer in one place. Going to start rooting through the dozens of totes in the basement to find all the canning jars and canning paraphernalia. Those will all be put together in one spot. Might be easier to get motivated later in the coming months. Need to find the ball canning book.

It is mentally tiresome to realize stuff was thrown into totes 8 years ago when the divorce started. I just was mechanically filling up totes with whatever was close.. Most, like nearly all, have not been touched.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Better days are coming. I find that the hardest part of any project is getting started. It takes me forever to get the energy headed into start mode. Then... I usually keep going till it's done.

Re: depression: are you taking extra Vit. D?

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Better days are coming. I find that the hardest part of any project is getting started. It takes me forever to get the energy headed into start mode. Then... I usually keep going till it's done.

Re: depression: are you taking extra Vit. D?
Yes, Vitamin D and an hour of bright light

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
IMO going thru packed boxes is the worst and hardest. Especially so if unmarked AND packed under emotional stress. Getting started is so easy to procrastinate and then guilt sets in. The whole thing is depressing!! I'm with you! :hugs. I made today the day to do some unpacking myself. Coffee and determination. We can both get it done. :old

You will be so pleased in spring when you can find all the things you need to can, all together and ready. Just keep that in site.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'll betcha that getting things in order will help. Restoring order in my surroundings seems to help restore order in my head too. Hope you continue making progress and feel better.:hugs

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
So I now have something sinus related going on. Lousy sleep last night.

Anyways, Christmas decorations put away, clean cover sheets on the loveseat and recliner (Her Royal Highness Princess Pixie Poopsalot is a shedder), living room swept, dusted, and tidied up. Bird/tree rat feeder filled up.

5 seconds, literally, after putting the sheet on the loveseat....

Attachments

• 20210102_104343.jpg
    20210102_104343.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 134

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Dang sinus! My daughter uses one of those Neti pot thing's - ewwwww. I can't do it, but she swears it helps.... (not a suggestion - just an observation!) I get something every time we get a cold front lately.

Good job on the continuation of organization. HRPPP was just waiting for you to change her sheets, lol!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Dang sinus! My daughter uses one of those Neti pot thing's - ewwwww. I can't do it, but she swears it helps.... (not a suggestion - just an observation!) I get something every time we get a cold front lately.

Good job on the continuation of organization. HRPPP was just waiting for you to change her sheets, lol!
I use the warm shower water as an impromptu neti pot.

Latest posts