FarmerJamie - A new beginning

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I had no idea. Having bought and sold many homes in my lifetime, I wonder how many were affected by Radon? All west coast tho. I see that WA state has levels of radon detected, by county and degree of impact. Yup, this house is in the moderately high area. Should I get a radon detector? I'm on a hill, which the neighbor says is rock.

YEA on the price reduction!! Every dime helps!!
How air tight is the house? The tighter is it, the bigger the build up. With your wood heating, I would guess you get good air circulation

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
doesn't radon usually come via the ground and a basement or crawlspace? so if you're in a house that doesn't have a basement or there is a vapor barrier in place between the house and the crawl space you've probably been ok. it also depends upon your area in general.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
The curio cabinets and bookcase contents packed. Everything done in the living room except for the electronics, plus wife's candles and family photos. 8 boxes taped up, tagged, and ready to go.

The cats are very concerned.

My favorite cookbook....
20231001_190017.jpg
20231001_190024.jpg

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Appraiser has been assigned. At least two weeks out on closing. We had requested by end of month, so I feel we are on track. Wife is chomping at the bit.

Made progress the last few days. We planned for not a lot to be done, but I worked ahead on a few things. Spent tonight doing regular household stuff, plus a bonus box
The wife is battling this respiratory thing, meds are knocking her out.

Plan is for tomorrow to start on my office room. So glad I had been working on the garage already

Last edited: