Farmers Market Help!

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
I would also let the farmer know that it is your first time buying whatever it is you are looking at. Or just let them know, I don't know what this is or if my family would eat it... what do you do with it? Often they will chuckle and if they aren't too busy they will take the time to educate you on how to prepare it or have a favorite family recipe. I've often gotten a business card and gotten the recipe later via e-mail when it is more convenient for them. Most do what they do because they are passionate about it. Take the time to ask questions and be interested.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
~gd said:
They also encouraged wineries even though graps don't do well in our climate, the people were buying grape juice from MO by the trailer truck load (your juice is very sweet) and mixing it with tart NC juice so they changed the label rules on NC wine too.
Yup we got good grapes around here! There have even been several new winerys open up in the area within the last few years. All of this humidity seems to be worth something. :lol: