Farmer's Markets

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wonder if you could sell chicks?

They are home grown.

Makes me wonder about selling processed chickens also.
If you can't there maybe word of mouth threw the market?

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Processed meat requires certification so that may be a no-go, and chicks could be problematic if you get a family buying one for their kids so you'd have to watch out for that and ensure that whomever buys them is dedicated to raising them properly. But there are definitely so many things you could do/sell :)

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Great vendor list Moolie! I got some neat ideas, but then I quit reading - I am very anti-social, best to stay away from the farmers market biz :lol:

WBF, the local Amish have a small market in a town nearby. They sell the usual produce, breads, fudge, Amish cheese, etc. I did notice that this year, they had pie-in-a-jar for sale. I didn't buy any, as I do that already myself, but it would be a good idea for you. Pie filling (I do apple, a few cherry, and a few pecan for us here), quart jar, maybe add a pie crust recipe to it? The best part is, it will keep, unlike making fresh pies to sell, and the jars look so colorful and yummy! :hu

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Oh yeah the gifts in a jar will come out around Christmas time for sure. I can't sell as much as I had thought. I have to stick with things I grow or produce myself on my property. They don't want you to make things with storebought goods to sell unless it contains something you yourself produce. :hu Some stupid rule that is, but whatever. Their place, their rules. I can be creative ;) And chicks.....I got a green light on those :woot I CAN sell animals there, so I'm good to go on that. I have enough stuff I can make a go of it a few days a week right now, more later on. So, tomorrow and today was totally booked up, but maybe Friday I will take a bunch of stuff up there and sell. :D I got my permit today.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
luvinlife offthegrid said:
That's great! I wish you the best of luck. :)
Thanks :hugs I'm kinda excited to see what i can do with the new opportunity :D

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Congrats- hope you do well!

Will you have a chance to go and see what everyone sells? Maybe you will have something totaly unique from the rest.