Farmfresh City Homesteader - the sound of falling oaks.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
My kitchen is even smaller, it is the "mobile" half of my house so it is a mobile home kitchen. I have virtually about 2 feet of counter. All my kitchen stuff is in the entryway and dining room and we have no dining room because of it. We all eat on TV trays by our computers. :hide

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
What do they say??? It's not the size of the kitchen but what you can do with it??? Sorry, I had to.

I know having a large kitchen is a wonderful blessing and I should appreciate it but...... it means I have more space for clutter more to clean and more Crud spread all over. :hide

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The kitchen in our cabin is an old Airstream trailer... I have plenty of cabinet space, but maybe 3 feet of counter space (and the sink is tiny, I have to wash almost everything in the big double sink on the porch). Luckily I had room to add some counter space. I bought a solid oak cabinet at a consignment shop and my husband cut the top off for me. Now I have a nice wood surface for bread making and such, plus more storage underneath.

Warshing up as you go :D is definitely the trick to cooking in a small kitchen!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
My kitchen is about 10x18, lots of cabinets and about 12 feet of counter space, and it's a cluttered, crazy mess :th DH is complaining about my canning jars :smack He piles stuff on the counter beside the back door, on top of the refridgerator, and on the freezer :rolleyes: Bigger kitchens are just for bigger piles, and more small appliances :p

My name is Cindi, and I have a messy kitchen too *hangs head in shame* I guess I should join the Messy Kitchen Club.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
I used to live in a city in Los Angeles county that had a twice yearly dump day, where you could put just about anything out on the curb, old couches, paint cans, etc. They had special trucks that came around for pick up.
But the funny part was how all the neighboring towns knew about our dump day and they would come and cruise around and pick up junk. They probably had some huge garage sales the following weekend! I'm sure a lot of the stuff got hauled away by the gleaners as opposed to the city having to haul it all away.

Where I'm at now in rural WA, people leave so much junk sitting around. But I must admit, my lack of a garage makes it look like WE have piles of junk sitting around here too. :hide