Farmfresh City Homesteader - the sound of falling oaks.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Um.....I dunno...

I have a "set" that my mom gave me that's missing one of the cookbooks from the set...but the name escapes me right now...

I really love my Better Homes and Gardens cookbook that was my mom's when i was a kid. It's the one I use the most! Survived a house fire and everything. :love

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
And now a tale about COOKBOOKS.

I got brave and boxed up ALL of my cookbooks several years ago. They filled a BIG plastic tote box. I boxed up every one of them. Then as I really needed a certain cookbook I would get it out of the box and put it on my kitchen shelf, since this is obviously a cookbook that I needed.

Time has passed and there are about 8 cookbooks on my shelf now. So the other day I opened the box and looked through it. BAD idea. I ended up "saving" some MORE cookbooks. Today I am going to be brave and tell myself things like "you never needed that cookbook bad enough to go upstairs and dig it out before now back in the box it needs to go." Then I am going to quick like a bunny tape the box shut and take it to the car.

I told you I have a problem with books. :hide
I have done this same thing a number of times in my life. Put all the books by subject into a separate tote. :D

When we were getting ready to move to Texas.... I ended up with 200 cook books on the shelf!!

When we were getting ready to move back to Ohio I ended up with 100 cook books on the shelf - most of them the old family cook books from the 20's through 50's. And a notebook of my mother's and grandmother's handwritten recipes.

If I have a cook book that I only use 1 or 2 recipes out of, I copy the recipe to my computer and donate the book to the library for it's ongoing book sale.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
1/25/10

Yesterday was a glorious sunny day. Today is gray and FOGGY.

The first major fog we got was on 1/13 and other than that ONE DAY of sun yesterday we have been foggy for the last 13 days. How depressing.

In other news my Grandma Nettie's last remaining sibling Blanche died at the beginning of last week and my Dad's SIL Aunt Dorthy died on the 20th. We went to Aunt Dorthy's visitation, but missed the other one. More gloom. My dad is pretty depressed by all of this. My (deceased) mother's bday was the 21 and then we saw his two Altz brothers at the visitation as well. He also lost a bro (also with Altz) about two months ago. More gloom.

Today I am home to take hubby to the chiropractor since he threw his back out again last night. More gloom.

I am seriously in need of some sun and happy times.

On the good news front I took some wood to my BIL (a nice sunny drive) yesterday. He is going to be building my new mobile coop for me. I wanted it ready for spring and really have no good place to build it, so since he has a nice heated shop, he said he would do it for me!!! :weee Plus since he used to work construction he will probably be done in HALF the time it would take me. Good to have him around!
Sorry to hear you are having such a grey winter, FF. We had sun one day and now so much continuous rain and temps near 40 that we are under flood watch this week. Snow comes back to our area tonight and tomorrow.

Wonderful news that your BIL will build a new mobile coop! Congratulations!

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
This always cheers me up:

010.jpg

There's nothing like a kid with underwear on her head to chase away the blues !!!

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
Um.....I dunno...

I have a "set" that my mom gave me that's missing one of the cookbooks from the set...but the name escapes me right now...

I really love my Better Homes and Gardens cookbook that was my mom's when i was a kid. It's the one I use the most! Survived a house fire and everything. :love
I have some cook books you could have.... if you don't mind my scratch in them... :D