Farmfresh City Homesteader - the sound of falling oaks.

The Vail Benton's

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
The problem with being able to rig a decent temporary solution to a big costly problem is that you tend to live with the "rig" for far too long.
I can relate - DH purchased our Double Wide new and it was sent with carpet in the Master Bathroom. A couple of years ago his then roommates dog dug up the carpet in front of the door so we tore out the carpet intending to install some beautiful wood flooring that I already had. 2 years later, we are stil walking on the sub-floor & showering in the guest bathroom. :barnie And I KNEW this would happen :lol:

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So sorry to hear you are feeling badly. Did you ever get your wood? Oh boy, these cold tems makes a person worry, when running low on firewood. We put up about 20 ricks...we will have plenty, I think. Depends on how long old man winter hangs around. I think he needs to LEAVE!
How is your sister doing with the dog. Thats a hard decision...we have had to make a few times. :( She has so many animals, senior...so sad. Its great that she cares for them so well, that they live a great long life, but makes it harder to have them put down, when they have become part of the family, for so long. I will say a little prayer for her. Hope you are feeling better soon!! rest rest rest!!!

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Oh my lord, thats a cattle dog (aka Queensland Heeler)! I've got three of them! Brumby, Titan and pup Driver. Black, gray and now a red one!

Poor old grandpa Buck....they are quite resilient, as Brumby has been at death's door a couple of times too. Yet, yesterday she was trying to chase a ball all day long!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
He sounds like a great dog, Farm! My sis had a great Blue Heeler once....very intelligent, great family dog. But now she has one that is mean and horrible....never can tell, can you?

Farm, can you send some of that wood my way? I'm runnin a little low..... :p