1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official SS Poll: What do you do to eliminate bills / cut down expenses?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. WW2 Rationing Recipes - Canadian and British - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. SS Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Favorite "around the yard " rifle

Discussion in 'Hunting & Fishing' started by Jeffeff95, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Jun 5, 2019
    Jeffeff95

Jeffeff95 Lovin' The Homestead

Hey everyone!

I am curious to see what everyone chooses for a rifle/shotgun to have on them while doing chores around the yard.
    I recently picked up a Ruger PC Carbine 9mm that I have been carrying with me for predators/varmints while I'm doing work around the homestead.
    Its been great! Light, accurate, small pistol mags which helps carrying a couple extras.
    Lately however I have ran into a lot of Bear droppings on my property and a some have been close to my coop so I have upped my rifle to my Rossi .45 Colt lever action with bear loads.
    Curious to see what other people use and why!

2. Jun 6, 2019
    Beekissed

Beekissed Mountain Sage

We like a simple .22 and .16 gauge for homestead use. Most folks don't like to talk about what guns they have on a public forum, so you may get limited response to this topic.

Hinotori and Lazy Gardener like this.