Favorite "around the yard " rifle

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I had a 22-250, Remington with a bull barrel. It was a sweet rifle. I would like to have another one.

I am right handed, but shoot left handed. Some day I'd like to shoot a left handed rifle.

HomesteaderWife

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We carry a plain jane .22 LR by Henry that is great for small game hunting and checking traps

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Depends on what the recent problems are. Snakes a pistol with .22 rat shot, coons or checking traps .22 LR, I keep a 30-30 near the door to take care of coyote's or anything bigger than a coon.
My favorite is a .410/.22Mag over under.

livinglandnz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
.22 semi auto rifle for me, we don't have large predators so I dont need anything for protection. I will take any opportunity to shoot feral cats, and Hares that I see trying to chew my young trees. I have killed wild goats and small wild pigs very successfully within 50 yards.

livinglandnz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
With the gun laws here in canada we are not allowed to carry handguns on our person. We can have them and need a permit to transport it from your home to the range.
On the homestead I always have a 22, a 303 and 12 gauge ready just in case. We have mink, lynx, coyote/wolf hybrids and now black bears in our area. I have a 22-250 on my wish list.
Got to love the old 303, my first rifle when I learnt to hunt deer.

livinglandnz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I like a 22-250, don’t have one now. I should get one again. I’m right handed but shoot a rifle left handed. Maybe I should get all fancy and get a left handed rifle……
I'm a lefty, I can shoot a right handed bolt easily but I prefer single shot rifles, I use a Thompson centre Pro encore.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm a lefty, I can shoot a right handed bolt easily but I prefer single shot rifles, I use a Thompson centre Pro encore.
I got a Winchester Trapper’s Model 30-30 one time. Put it on my left shoulder, shot, ejected shell. She’ll flew out the top and hit me between the eyes. LOL LOL