Favorite Sayings

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We have some fun ones in our family. "My tongue got in front of my eyeteeth and I couldn't see what I was saying" (when you stumble over what you were trying to say)

(things- like color blindness, or red hair) "runs through the family like a wooden leg"

He ran like a bat out of hell

In winter, when your cat keeps trying to find "the Door into Summer"

We grew up in the shadow of Mt Baldy in So. Cal. we liked a quote from Donovan "First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is."

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My brother would say that too

having had sharp sticks almost get me in the eye several times it's not something i'd ever actually want to experience. there is something about my being where glasses make my face seem smaller and more behind where it actually is in terms of my vision so it isn't unusual for me to open the microwave and have it hit my glasses or to have a branch come pretty close to my eyes. i don't like this, but it does happen. it's something that i really should work at retraining myself about because today when mowing just a few minutes ago a branch from a bush was close like that too and i really do want to keep my eyes unpokethed... :(