Feed and Tack Room

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We bought this place in September 2014. I painted the whole interior and laid all new floors before we moved in. Moving day was February 14, 2015 which also happened to be our 19th anniversary.

View attachment 5863

There was nothing here but a doublewide and 8 acres.

View attachment 5864

A neighbor volunteered to build a fence to hold the horses and he worked over the months, setting posts until he was tired, then he went home. When he was ready to string wire, DH gave him money to hire day laborers and he finished up just as our son showed up with the horses, just days before we moved.

View attachment 5866

We had a portable building moved from our land that we sold. It took a bulldozer to drag it to the road because the land was black gooey gumbo clay. That is a 7' steel tank culvert in this picture. The building was loaded up and I followed the truck to our new home and it was unloaded and set up.

View attachment 5867

We bought a metal carport and had that set up. That necessitated the taking down of 3 trees and getting the stumps ground.
View attachment 5865

The horses had no barn. Eleven days after we moved in, it snowed. We felt terrible for the poor horses. Over the next few weeks, it stormed, it snowed again and threw in a couple of ice storms for good measure.

View attachment 5861

View attachment 5862
That's a beautiful way to start a new home. and It's very wide too. I will definitely add some more goats since they are much easier for me to take care of.

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We bought this place in September 2014. I painted the whole interior and laid all new floors before we moved in. Moving day was February 14, 2015 which also happened to be our 19th anniversary.

View attachment 5863

View attachment 5864

A neighbor volunteered to build a fence to hold the horses and he worked over the months, setting posts until he was tired, then he went home. When he was ready to string wire, DH gave him money to hire day laborers and he finished up just as our son showed up with the horses, just days before we moved.

View attachment 5866

We had a portable building moved from our land that we sold. It took a bulldozer to drag it to the road because the land was black gooey gumbo clay. That is a 7' steel tank culvert in this picture. The building was loaded up and I followed the truck to our new home and it was unloaded and set up.

View attachment 5867

We bought a metal carport and had that set up. That necessitated the taking down of 3 trees and getting the stumps ground.
View attachment 5865

The horses had no barn. Eleven days after we moved in, it snowed. We felt terrible for the poor horses. Over the next few weeks, it stormed, it snowed again and threw in a couple of ice storms for good measure.

View attachment 5861

View attachment 5862
I like the way you created the fence. the size of the holes are just right for squirrels to enter and defecate the area. I hope I can make the same kind of fence here.

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
That looks like a very nice place... I wish I have my own place just like that... I heard about this guy that has this american friend that actually gave her his old house in the US. Lucky girl.

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score

View attachment 5863

View attachment 5864

View attachment 5866

View attachment 5867

View attachment 5865

View attachment 5861

View attachment 5862
HI!! It's a very long time since I checked this forum out. I wonder what you're doing? I bet everything Is all settled out huh?