Feed sack re-purposing ideas

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I think I have the same bag. I got it from TSC when they had BOSS on sale-40 lbs for 9.99.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
I think I have the same bag. I got it from TSC when they had BOSS on sale-40 lbs for 9.99.
:ep How did I miss that sale???? Oh, yeah, I go into stores ...um.....4x a year???

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
:ep How did I miss that sale???? Oh, yeah, I go into stores ...um.....4x a year??? :p

HEChicken

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Oh wow, I need to run back to TSC and buy some bags I guess. They had 50lb bags for $9.99 when I was there last week. They didn't say anything about it being a sale so I assumed it was their regular price. Uh-oh.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
OK, where's the 50 lb bags? I only saw 40 lb bags, and their normal price (at least where I live) is $14.99 or more.

And Free, for that double post, that takes real talent! :D

HEChicken

Power Conserver
Reaction score
They were stacked on a pallet in the middle of the store. I specifically checked the weight because I am trying to figure out where I can get ingredients cheapest, to start making my own feed, so I've been doing the rounds of all the stores, noting their prices, and converting them to a spreadsheet that calculates the price per pound for me. (Once I get it all figured out, I'll know where to shop for what and then can just keep an eye on sales to see what changes).

I think TSC stores each obtain their stock from the nearest mill so its possible the mill that supplies the stores closest to me do different sized bags. I don't remember seeing a picture of a cardinal on these bags if it makes you feel any better :)

ranchhand

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I saw, somewhere, an idea for the plastic feed bags. I thought it was here on SS, but I forget.... :rolleyes:

Anyway, someone brilliant suggested rolling down the top a bit so it would hold its' shape, then filling with soil for planting tomatos, potatoes, what have you. Poke some drainage holes and VOILA! Instant planter! Colorful in the garden, too. :D

LOL at the double post, hate when that happens! :gig