Feeding your dog raw food

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
My older dog cannot tolerate pork, unfortunately. We will have lots of pig yuk available soon! I may try it with the other dog. We also refer to a meal of hearts as "chicken farts" because that is what we deal with in bed that night! But heart is very good for them, lots of CoQ10.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
freemotion said:
My older dog cannot tolerate pork, unfortunately. We will have lots of pig yuk available soon! I may try it with the other dog. We also refer to a meal of hearts as "chicken farts" because that is what we deal with in bed that night! But heart is very good for them, lots of CoQ10.
OMG. :sick How does it compare to brain farts?! My baby girl, RIP

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
:sick What is that, a cow head? Do I really want to know???? Lucky dog!!! Probably got smarter by the time she finished that off!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Dace said:
Ew ew ew ewwwwwwwwww! :sick

*covers eyes and hits the back button*
:lol: She was in doggie heaven. She never did manage to reach the brains, but she did eat at least 6 pounds the first day. :rolleyes: I gave it to her frozen because I knew it would take more than a day to eat.

She was pissed! (ETA: wow! that is not what I typed. And she was BEYOND "ticked" :lol) She was standing on it, pulling on something, and growling at it. :lol I will never forget that!

I fasted her for a few days before and after so she wouldn't get fat. :D

Yeah - cow head. Scored cheap stuff from the butcher!

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wow!! I need one of those.

Haven't heard back from any ranches :( going to mexican markets for pig stuff, and the asian one for goat today.

Got him some chicken necks by Primal :D

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Check with your vet about parasites. I fed my dog panfish carcaii. Before I did, I asked my vet if she could "get anything that a wormer wouldn't take care of." He said no for freshwater fish, but ocean fish would be different.

I used to get canned mackerel for the dogs. They LOVE it and the oils are great for them.

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ewww!! Today I picked up Primal chicken neck bones because they were only $3.50/6 pk. Jaxon didn't want to eat them when I was painting outside, but a couple hours later he wanted outside to finish it. I grabbed it to make it more enticing and there was MOST DEFINENTLY a dead beetle larvae under the skin!! Ewwwww!!! I threw it across the lawn and rushed him back inside.

I don't mind him eating my feeder crickets or mealworms (beetle larvae) but this was unknown!! In dog food!! Not ok. Primal will be hearing from me tomorrow.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
This past spring the boys were walking in the woods and jumped a herd of deer...one of the yearlings was staggering and falling down from malnutrition. The idiots brought it home with some vague idea of feeding it.

Of course, it died. I could very well even have had a disease, who knows? And then......

I gave it to my youngest dog for his own doggy pleasure....the next day I only found a small piece of the hide. And that was gone the next day. The dog had consumed the whole blamed thing, hooves, bones, fur...everything! We found no remains. :th

Dogs have amazing guts and constitutions, as do carnivores in the wild. Mine will eat most anything and never have any GI upset, diarrhea, ill effects.

I would have let him have his beetle ridden chicken necks....couldn't have hurt him! :) Bugs are great protein!