Fill up your Gas tanks and reserve tanks TODAY!

Dunkopf

On Vacation
Reaction score
rhoda_bruce said:
7 of our 5 gallon tanks are full (ouch) and Surburban is full (really ouch) and just need DH to tank up on his way to work tonight. Cost 228 bucks, so far. We are @ 3.15/gal and its been going up. DH says foxnews says TSGHTF. I think this might be it guys.
Thanks. I was beginning to get worried.

Mainergal

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Filled up both cars and every can we had yest, almost $150.00. Glad we did it. We've been stocking up on food in a serious way. It seems like the world is right on edge at this time. March is going to be a Lion in more ways than one.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Filling up the gas tanks now is just part of the equation. As fuel prices go up, so does everything else. Pretty much everything is trucked in from somewhere. Oh joy...

I don't go anywhere unless I absolutely have to and someone drags me there. We should double our efforts to avoid using fossil fuels on the homefront.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Talked to hubby about a bike. We are looking at one of those 3 wheeled versions with the build in cart. We have a lot of our bindery equipment in our garage and take stuff back and forth from home to shop a couple of times a day. A cart type bike would get plenty of use from both of us.

I also found some gas stabilizer at Walmart. It was less than $3. I have one 5 gallon container filled and I have one more in the garage that I can fill up.

Wallybear

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Everybody needs to be watching Saudi Arabia this week. The Day of Rage protests are scheduled for Friday, but they could start as soon as today and build up to Friday. The Saudi's have already said that this is illegal and they have said they will use violence to quell the protests.

I highly suggest watching foreign news sources. The US news sources are used to calm the sheeple and investors not give the unwashed truth.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
You can easily set up a google page to pull in news sources from all over the world. That is what I do.

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Talked to hubby about a bike. We are looking at one of those 3 wheeled versions with the build in cart. .
I want one of those kind of bikes too!! I could do my grocery shopping with one of those. Plus I could use the exercise.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wallybear said:
Everybody needs to be watching Saudi Arabia this week. The Day of Rage protests are scheduled for Friday, but they could start as soon as today and build up to Friday. The Saudi's have already said that this is illegal and they have said they will use violence to quell the protests.

I highly suggest watching foreign news sources. The US news sources are used to calm the sheeple and investors not give the unwashed truth.
Okay, I can get the local news (or some of it) on this one as our oldest son is currently teaching in Saudi Arabia - He's teaching English to the Saudi Navy. I'll go shoot an email to him right now.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Okay, got the skinny from our son that is in Saudi Arabia now. Here's what he emailed me today:

"General tension = pretty much the same as it was when I arrived. The so-called "Day of Rage" supposedly has the most support in the Eastern Province, where I live. And the main protest may happen just down the road. But, the people don't want to overthrow the govt. or anything. It's quite different than elsewhere in the world. Nothing to worry about. Nobody here seems concerned, at all. Seems to be getting a little hype in the media though. MSN has talked it up a bit. BBC has been more balanced. Don't know about any others.

The Saud's are straight-up big brother. "Threats" to the govt. here tend to disappear.

No worries!"

That's it folks, on the spot reporting. He's told us repeatedly that he's more afraid of getting mugged here in the US than anywhere abroad.
As far as I'm concerned, I'll limit my gasoline consumption as usual and just sit tight. I don't think it's the end of the world. Every generation before us has thought they were going to see the final days.
But ya'all do what ya want.

Latest posts