Fill up your Gas tanks and reserve tanks TODAY!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
He's 14.3 ish, so barely a horse. Stocky though, fast as the wind, and very competitive.

He could use a good rider like you MSPony. :D

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
English/western? Mine mine mine lol!

Totally off topic, well, I mean hed be a good SHTF horse ;) Were totally on topic.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
He does both. All my horses do both. And they can even be ridden in a mere halter or a hay string. (I was fortunate enough to have a fantastic natural horsemanship trainer at my stables in Houston.)

Back on subject....I filled up today and got the good stuff for (I think) $3.79.

Unfortunately for me I have a ton of running around to do these days. Glad I have a tiny civic.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
If this weather would just get warm and stay warm, I'd be riding my motorcycle a lot more! And, if things did get too bad, I guess I'd have to break out my bike. Wonder how long it would take me to ride it out to the farm?

Dunkopf

On Vacation
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
He does both. All my horses do both. And they can even be ridden in a mere halter or a hay string. (I was fortunate enough to have a fantastic natural horsemanship trainer at my stables in Houston.)

Back on subject....I filled up today and got the good stuff for (I think) $3.79.

Unfortunately for me I have a ton of running around to do these days. Glad I have a tiny civic.
What's the good stuff? Have you come to an understanding with your horse yet? Beautiful horse by the way.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Several handy horses around here as well as a few bicycles. ;) We even have a cart and harness around still, but the main rule of the day will probably be travel less and WALK more!

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Problem is ... There is ONE place close enough to walk to. They are a little bigger than your average convenience store and sell a lil bit of everything -- plumbing, bread, soda, potatoes, and BBQ sandwiches, etc. At prices roughly 3x what you might pay "in town".

There's a little town I MIGHT could get to on a bicycle, and make it back the same day. Not much there though. Not even a grocery store.

I remember reading in a book made by my family about when great-grandma was raising her kids. They'd load up in the wagon and head to town. It was a full day (or two) event and very rare. They'd stock up on everything they'd need for 6 months or so. If I had to travel to the nearest grocery store, it'd be almost like that. Further than a day-long trail ride I went on once, to go round trip.

lighthawk

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
You can expect $4.00 a gallon by summer and $8..00 a gallon next year. JMHO.
I fully expect we will see $200.00 dollar a barrel oil by the end of next year.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
The ones I truly feel sorry for in a way is all those folks living in housing developments, especially the ones that have a HOA. They won't have a clue as to what to do if all of this does come to pass.