Financial goals for 2010

GoddessDanu

Power Conserver
Reaction score
What are your financial goals for 2010?

My goals are to start and maintain a short term and long term savings account. I also would like to pay off all my medical bills. Finally, I want to live as frugally as possibly so that DH and I can attend college full time.

Have a wonderful new year!

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm trying to pay off my mortgage this year.

We're trying to buy land to eventually build a dream home on, hopefully we can get it done before the end of the year.

We'd also like to start a savings account so that hubby can go back to school in September 2011.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Save every dime I dont put toward my home and groceries. Same as all the other years. :D Nothing different this year.

I will be happy to get 2009 over with though...it was rough!!!

2009 kiss my white rump!!!! I never want to see you again! :p

dianer29

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I will try: to go from postpaid cell phones to prepaid,still researching it

Cut the darn grocery bills from over $185 at the low end average week to?
Stop being so negative about change

Get my chooks settled into closed porch with coop.

Pay off one large medical bill,as I do not want to kid myself on the rest that exist

Think real hard and long about purchases and pressure with "get it now" before it no longer exists mentality at times

Make homemade bread the norm

Find more lower price menus to prepare.

Get printer up and running as I am missing alot of opportunities to clip and use coupons though not many stores around here honor
internet coupons

Listen to others about more ideas how to become more self sufficent .

Love my family for who they are ............................

Ibicella

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Going to keep working on my budget. I really stink at calculating it. :/

hikerchick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I am having my daughter draw up a budget for us and my goal is to stick to it. She is looking at every dime we spend right now; from my diet coke at work each day to the cream for my coffee.

We are downsizing from a house to an apartment. My goal is to live more simply. Less work, less money, less chores, less pressure.

More time for family, quilting, cooking, soapmaking.

I can only have a tiny garden so I am looking for ways to maximize it.

I am looking forward to my new financial year.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Our goals is to hopefully FINISH fencing the property. We have 3 acres in the back I would love to turn the sheep into.
Plant more fruit trees...berry bushes ( thornless :p ) and to save as much money as we can..for a new roof. Oh, and HOPEFULLY get my summer kitchen done this year.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Well, since we already have the mortgage and HELOC paid off, our goal is to REMAIN out of debt, and do as much as we can towards saving every penny possible by getting the greenhouse completed, and growing/canning/preserving even more of our own food. The whole beef we just bought will be ready to be picked up next week, so there will be a lot of canning, hamburger making, vacuum sealing and freezing going on around here then!

deb4o

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
To keep better track of our money, it just seems to slip though our fingers, well more though my DHs. Been kind of hard to get him into all this SS stuff, but I will keep at him.

We have very few bills other than house and truck payment which will be paid off this year :weee ( truck that is).

Make our money work for us, as in buying more chickens and selling more eggs,spending a little on gardening and getting back a big return on the veggies,a pack of seeds is cheap, compared to the veggies one gets back, to me this is a no brainer.

Invest in another calf to raise and two lamb to raise,one to butcher one to sell.

So come on 2010 Iam ready!!!