Financial goals for 2010

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
ninny said:
Stay frugal even with our first baby coming in march.
CONGRATS!!

you will need to try hard to be frugal.....those little babies want to make you spend money...hahaha

hope all goes well for you!!

ninny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
ninny said:
CONGRATS!!

you will need to try hard to be frugal.....those little babies want to make you spend money...hahaha

hope all goes well for you!!
Thank You!! My in laws just bought me a sewing machine for my birthday. Im gonna try and make some of her clothes. That and quarter day at good will. Im doing a garden, have chickens and we are going to try for dairy goats. I get to be a SAHM. That makes me so happy.

Cinebar

Power Conserver
Reaction score
ninny said:
Congratulations on the new baby, ninny. :clap

Staying frugal with an infant is easy - breast feed (have you checked the price of formula? :barnie), use cloth diapers (preferably hanging them to dry), and make your own baby food when it's time (super easy). None of my five boys ever had commercial baby food - ever. They also never had bottles nor did they ever wear disposable diapers - even when I had two kids at a time in diapers.

Also, garage sales are wonderful for baby clothes. I used to look for the higher end neighborhoods when I was shopping for clothes for my babies. I often found expensive name-brand items, never worn, for a dollar or less.

Once they start talking.....then it starts getting expensive! And just wait 'till she's a teenager. :ep

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Cinebar said:
ninny said:
Congratulations on the new baby, ninny. :clap

Staying frugal with an infant is easy - breast feed (have you checked the price of formula? :barnie), use cloth diapers (preferably hanging them to dry), and make your own baby food when it's time (super easy). None of my five boys ever had commercial baby food - ever. They also never had bottles nor did they ever wear disposable diapers - even when I had two kids at a time in diapers.

Also, garage sales are wonderful for baby clothes. I used to look for the higher end neighborhoods when I was shopping for clothes for my babies. I often found expensive name-brand items, never worn, for a dollar or less.

Once they start talking.....then it starts getting expensive! And just wait 'till she's a teenager. :ep
Great advice! I just took my almost 12 yo dd shopping yesterday. What she needed I bought(underwear), what she wanted -she bought.
(new skinny jeans) I only buy neccessities for them, they buy their own wants, so you can still be frugal with older kids. They save their allowance, which is only $20 a month, so they learn to shop frugally too.

Congrats, Ninny!