First chilly night

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Forecast is calling for a high of 25 on Friday, down to 14 Friday night. Yup, 55 sounds pretty warm right now!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We're cool-ish now. This morning was 62....actually thought it was going to be colder than that but we're not supposed to really warm up much today. I've gotta say that it feels really GOOD at 62!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
The sun is out, it's mildly 41* but supposed to warm up to 50* today...that's T shirt weather! I hope to get a lot of things done today and I hope the same for you all if that is your wish to do.

I see many things to love out my window and can't wait to get out there and get busy....love watching those plump, wide bodied White Rock hens trying to run....like watching fat ladies(like me!)trying to run. Very comical. :D

treerooted

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My chicken breeds are all heavy set as well, and I love watching their waddle-run.

And speaking of colder weather and chickens, it seems they're already needing a food increase. I guess the little buggies are really dying off now.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I was noticing the same thing today. My free rangers aren't getting much out of free ranging it seems! Time to pen them anyway.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Got up at 04:00am and looked at the houses across the street from mine. One's roof was black and one white (frost). Easy to see who heated their house well! First frost of this winter…

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
55 degrees here is a winter day. LOL I need a sunny day to go ride my horse. Been working too much, need some time to ride.
I doubt we'll see 55* again until maybe April. Well, 55* Fahrenheit is 12* on our centigrade/celsius temp scale... but my statement still stands. Any breeze & humidity during the day can make is seem colder.

We've been having days that are a couple degrees on either side of freezing, and getting down to -15*F (-9*C) at night. It'll be colder soon. We've had some snow, and more is on its way. Once we get a good layer of it, we get our skis ready for cross-country exercise.