First chilly night

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
getting down to -15*F (-9*C) at night.
I truly do NOT understand how life goes on at those temps. It's in the low 60's here, but damp and windy and I'm COLD! Regretting wearing open toed sandals to work today. Supposed to start raining tonight I think...

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sheesh Joel how far north are you? Are those normal temps this time of year? That's brutal, and I'm used to the cold!

I think it might snow here tomorrow night, but not enough to amount to much. Good, I'm not ready!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh and FEM, I am still wearing flip flops. I will until there's snow on the ground!

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Sheesh Joel how far north are you? Are those normal temps this time of year? That's brutal, and I'm used to the cold!

I think it might snow here tomorrow night, but not enough to amount to much. Good, I'm not ready!
We're just a little ways north of the U.S. border, more or less above Idaho. We're slightly warmer here than the average winter temps in North Dakota.

Many parts of Canada get colder winters, ones that would be comparable to Minnesota, and if you lived up northward in Canada the temps would be more like deep inland Alaska. One saving grace where I am is that we rarely get stiff winter winds.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I should say, until there's snow sticking to the ground because I will wear them in snow showers!

Winter winds are the worst. We are zone 4b/5a, so a little warmer. Maybe our proximity to the seacoast helps us. We do get down below -20F at least a few times each year.

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Winter winds are the worst. We are zone 4b/5a, so a little warmer. Maybe our proximity to the seacoast helps us. We do get down below -20F at least a few times each year.
Wow! We almost never get down to -20*F here.
Now that the picture of your winters is getting clearer to me, I'd say ours are not brutal. What's happening is we've been getting this weird early winter, starting several weeks ago. But you're temps will eventually go down and surpass ours, in terms of "brutality".:p

My sunglasses for the snow glare with our upcoming cross-country skiing::cool:

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ah yes ours will get brutal in January. Usually, anyway. We've had weird winters lately. Lucky me, postponed brutality! Lol

Cross country skiing sounds good. We do more snowshoeing, woods are thick here and I'm not coordinated on skis!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol yes quite true! I'm just excited that with a newborn around in January, I have an excuse not to go ice fishing! I loathe ice fishing.

Latest posts