First chilly night

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
55 degrees here is a winter day. LOL I need a sunny day to go ride my horse. Been working too much, need some time to ride.
I doubt we'll see 55* again until maybe April. Well, 55* Fahrenheit is 12* on our centigrade/celsius temp scale... but my statement still stands. Any breeze & humidity during the day can make is seem colder.

We've been having days that are a couple degrees on either side of freezing, and getting down to -15*F (-9*C) at night. It'll be colder soon. We've had some snow, and more is on its way. Once we get a good layer of it, we get our skis ready for cross-country exercise.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
LOL! Well, then hang the fish out the side of the boat on a stringer!
Fried fish is finger licking good!!! And hush puppies and cole slaw... YUM! :drool And Key Lime pie for dessert - with whipped cream.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I do NOT ice fish....don't like fish...& ice is just too cold. I don't like snow either. Well, looks pretty day 1, then I'm just over it and want it gone. And I'm cold most of the time in low temps, so why would I like ice/snow :idunno Winter should not last more than 30days :old HOT summers not more than 30days, either....I vote to have more Spring & Fall! :clap

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Seems like the angle of the sun in the winter causes it to shine more directly into our windows, which makes for a warm glow in the house when the sun shines in the winter here. I love that winter sun, especially in the afternoon, when it hits my bedroom and turns it into a sunny haven of rest for reading, working, etc.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
:lol: Lol that's too funny, I didn't notice the C either. I was thinking -15F was pretty bad for November! 15F is not so bad!

In fact tonight should be about 4F. Thanks for paying more attention than me!

treerooted

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My chicken breeds are all heavy set as well, and I love watching their waddle-run.

And speaking of colder weather and chickens, it seems they're already needing a food increase. I guess the little buggies are really dying off now.