frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My best flower is a Bird of Paradise. It sustained some freeze damage this past winter - but it's going to be fine. Last year it probably had at least 15 blooms on it during the season. I don't have a lot of other flowers, some shrubs that bloom - don't even remember what they're called, lol. A hibiscus that comes back every year and a couple of amaryllis's that are gorgeous when they bloom. I'm mostly a veggie planter but I do plant some sunflowers in the garden every year too. Sometimes they do well - sometimes they do nothing at all, lol.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Our sunflowers are coming up better than the kyorn lol! I hate corn, community garden though, GMO crap, hope the sunflowers over take it ALL mwahahaaaa...:hide

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've bought it from Fedco in the past but I don't remember how much it cost. They're in Maine. And they are also awesome!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Although I do eat corn chips and crap sometimes...jeez I'm a hypocrite huh?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I don't grow corn because it hates me. As in, hates the soil at my house. And my stepdad grows a ton of corn and gives us plenty for the winter!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Sumi, those sunflowers are stunning! And that succulent is both beautiful and odd at the same time. I had wanted to plant a sunflower house at the grandgirl's house and still may do so, just haven't had time to do it yet.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
It's a heavy feeder too. Can't find any non GMO seed anymore

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
It does take up room, so I'm not growing any this year. I don't have enough space here anyway to make it pay and I can't grow it as well and as big as the local farmer who has farm stands all over. We normally just purchase our sweet corn from them and can it up....it's still cheaper than buying it from the store~WAY cheaper~and it's a better, healthier product.

We LOVE our sweet corn and use it in many soups throughout the winter months.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ok I thought you couldn't het GMO corn unless you buy direct from the evil company and signed off on not saving seeds and all that... Is that not the case anymore?

I don't grow corn and I buy all my seeds from 2 places that sell all non-GMO seeds so I don't know...

Latest posts