Food Inc

Buster

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I really enjoyed Food Inc. We will be screening it at our library next month as it didn't run in the theaters here (only big money blockbusters do).

But as much as I liked it, I found FRESH to be much much better.

We will be screening that one in March. Food Inc to tick people off, FRESH to give them answers and hope.

Really sorry to miss Pollan, who was in both films but was much more prominently featured in FRESH, as was Joel Salatin.

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
bibliophile birds said:
oh wow. now my mother might actually listen to me about this stuff since Ms. O is on board........

i hate to love Oprah. i love that she really does get great information out to people who wouldn't normally hear about it, but i hate that so many people will only believe things once Oprah gives it her seal of approval.
LOL I had the same thought when I got home and my mother ask me if Food Inc was one of the movies I recently watched. :gig To her credit, she did watch a bit of Fathead with me, but still doesn't really get the idea of what "bad" foods are. :/ But she seems opened to watching Food Inc now that O recommended it. :rolleyes:

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Buster said:
I really enjoyed Food Inc. We will be screening it at our library next month as it didn't run in the theaters here (only big money blockbusters do).

But as much as I liked it, I found FRESH to be much much better.

We will be screening that one in March. Food Inc to tick people off, FRESH to give them answers and hope.

Really sorry to miss Pollan, who was in both films but was much more prominently featured in FRESH, as was Joel Salatin.
Cool! I like the idea of answers and hope.
Yikes, can't find a screening closer than 50 miles! Will speak to my friend the librarian to see if she thinks they might do it.

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm going to ask one of our area libraries to host a screening of FRESH. I'd have to drive over an hour to the closest place (a university) that is screening it.

rileysgranny

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Food Inc is supposed to be in my mailbox today. I'm looking forward to seeing it. Now I'll have to check about FRESH.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
rileysgranny said:
Food Inc is supposed to be in my mailbox today. I'm looking forward to seeing it. Now I'll have to check about FRESH.
:welcome Let us folks who haven't seen it know how you like it.

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I already got a positive response from one of our library board members about holding a FRESH screening. The library owns a vacant lots and were already talking about teaming up with a couple local organizations to do a community garden this year. The screening would make a great kickoff to that. :woot

Trying to decide if it is worthy buying Food Inc while it is on sale at Amazon through today. I can always get it through Netflix again, but if I owned it, I could loan it out myself. :/

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I purchased it from Amazon, can't wait to get it. Tho it came with an instant download so I could watch it immediately if I think my computer can handle it :p Guess I'm gonna have to see Fresh too - it's good to get a few different angles :)

onebuggirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
okiegirl1 said:
Fathead isn't available at our library and Food Inc. has 17 people ahead of me in line ... :(
Same here! Maybe I will just go out and buy it!

Blue Skys

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I joined netflix to rent it, it's on the way, but I ended up buying it :rolleyes: . It's only $10.00 and hopefully I'll be able to lend it out to those who are interested.