Food plots.

the_whingnut

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
fun you should mention food plots. last year my father put in a set of food plots on the edge of his property where the deer usually travel. i want to say maybe a half acre each. the deer ignored them and cut a path through them to his garden. the plots and garden where all the same and he kept up with them. i have no idea why they wouldn't touch the food plots near their path but walk across 20 acres to a garden right next to the house and dogs. and decimated it.

as for the wild hogs they will destroy a farm unless dealt with. personally i like volunteer bacon. But now TN is real funny about it. if you harvest wild hogs (which are a not a game animal) you can not transport them live or dead for that matter unless the meat is de-boned and frozen solid. makes it hard to help out other folks with hog problems if they don't have freezer room for a few days. Yes the game warden checks in fact he loves to check us a lot. almost to the point of harassment.

we will not take an animal if we can not use it as food for us or our livestock. even the invasive ones.

Latest posts