Food plots.

the_whingnut

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
fun you should mention food plots. last year my father put in a set of food plots on the edge of his property where the deer usually travel. i want to say maybe a half acre each. the deer ignored them and cut a path through them to his garden. the plots and garden where all the same and he kept up with them. i have no idea why they wouldn't touch the food plots near their path but walk across 20 acres to a garden right next to the house and dogs. and decimated it.

as for the wild hogs they will destroy a farm unless dealt with. personally i like volunteer bacon. But now TN is real funny about it. if you harvest wild hogs (which are a not a game animal) you can not transport them live or dead for that matter unless the meat is de-boned and frozen solid. makes it hard to help out other folks with hog problems if they don't have freezer room for a few days. Yes the game warden checks in fact he loves to check us a lot. almost to the point of harassment.

we will not take an animal if we can not use it as food for us or our livestock. even the invasive ones.