Food prices June 2021

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I went to an estate sale yesterday, first day so full price. I bought some Tide pods, almost full container, for $3. I don't use pods cus they are waaaaaaayyyyyyy to much detergent for laundry, so I will take them to the food bank where I volunteer. We divide them up into baggies, so when requested, a client will get 5 or 6 of them.

I also bought a full large box of instant rice from 2017 for 50 cents. The chickens will like that over time.

I did buy some canned goods that were only a year or two old. 25 cents apiece. They will go in front of the rotation from my deep pantry.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
With weather issues...CA & FL providing much of the stores fruit & veg... There may be some up pricing &/or lower quantity seen this year. At some point, filtering into canned/frozen supply in snowball effect. Just a thought for consideration of buyers.

Like meat & eggs, some immediate effects & then recovery time, slows supplies. Getting 12-15 eggs a day here 😳 & I'll grow veggies I want. Some don't have that option.

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You must have gone to WINCO. I saw broc there yesterday for the same price. at safeway and Freddy's (Kroger) it was $1.78/lb.

WA state mandated that chicken eggs come from cage free chickens, starting Jan 1. So the price skyrocketed. I raised my price for eggs from $3.50 to $4. I only have one customer and he didn't even blink.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You must have gone to WINCO. I saw broc there yesterday for the same price. at safeway and Freddy's (Kroger) it was $1.78/lb.

WA state mandated that chicken eggs come from cage free chickens, starting Jan 1. So the price skyrocketed. I raised my price for eggs from $3.50 to $4. I only have one customer and he didn't even blink.

Yup was at Winco. Might be going by the Costco Business Center today to look at prices. Probably get a primal to cut up and maybe a 10 pound ground beef chub to divide for the freezer.

Frozen veggies are cheaper at Winco per pound. Have to get the frozen peas and lima beans at Walmart because the Great Value brand are the only ones without added salt.

Found that I need to buy the chicken breast that hubby likes at Costco because they have air chilled. It's more expensive but doesn't have the salt solution soaked in. Less sodium in the meat means I can season everything easier for dinner.

H-mart and Pal-do World have best prices for the veggies and fruit they carry and of course rice. They actually are the only stores who usually tell you the country of origin

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I just bought a Cabelas Stainless steel slicer at an estate sale today. $65. Its normally $119. Its going to replace the plastic slicer I bought at Goodwill.

About a month ago, I went to a Chef's Store, where I found a Jennie-O helmet shaped turkey breast on clearance. It cost me $35 total. I got a lot of lunch meat sliced up from that thing. Now with the SS slicer, I can do a better job. One way to save money on processed lunch meat!!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I like ole american iron, besides free is free :) The slicer is a beast, it weighes about 80 lbs. It still runs and everything still moves. So I think it just needs to be disassembled, a deep cleaning, rust removal, paint and lube and it should be good to go. Someone replaced a couple bolts with steel ones that should be stainless. No biggie though, I get get stainless bolts easy enough.

73691166e935ddd8f5ec519f7539d69b682eb500.jpeg

91499143a2968e93adf04e80c8a5bb4c9947f2b4.jpeg

6504fbaed621dd596f945912550b0dab6fdf989c.jpeg

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️