Food Storage Site ( Changed to better one with Specials !!!!)

Pirtykitty

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I just put in there about 5 minutes before I came on again..

just went in and took it out :D:D

chipmunk

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
YIKES!! Just glancing at it, that food insurance stuff is pretty pricey. :th

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Pirtykitty said:
I've taken off what I had on here and added www.beprepared.com .... They have some good August specials ( I think).... I ordered in July and am thinking about getting some of the food bars and a couple other items.. They are also have a deal to sign up to win a thing of food storage..
I took advantage of the bulk thingy of the dried fruits they were on back order when I ordered about two weeks ago but they have been shipped.. as of Friday or thursday...
I have shopped there for quite a few things. I bought a lot of dehydrated things I use off and on (like celery), to have on hand until I can grow my own and dry it the RIGHT way (my first attempts look pretty bad :p). We also bought some of the food bars. We have a lot of extended family who refuse to have more than a couple days worth of food on hand, so we thought the bars would take up little space but give us some extra insurance, so to speak. Have to admit: I am addicted to their refried beans! Scoop out as much as you want, add water, dress them up or leave them alone, and the can lists beans and salt as the ingredients. They are my favorite convenience food lately!

We've also bought from Nitropak and Honeyville grains. Now I replace most used items with home canned, stuff from Sam's club, or the feed mill in town.

In the beginning, it was nice to be able to 'one stop shop' at Emergency Essentials, to establish a small stockpile while learning to do for ourselves. My DH has frequent layoffs, which always sent me into such a panic. I know that having a small amount of pantry food built up doesn't solve everything, but it reduced my panic to a manageable level (it used to be so bad, he wouldn't tell me about the layoff until the day of, when he got home - "Don't need a lunch tomorrow, I'm laid off" :barnie )

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
I too have ordered from Emergency Essentials and have found their products to be quite good. They were also very helpful and pleasant. I've also ordered from Sam's, and had it delivered to the store, when we are already making a trip into town. There are a lot of good suppliers out there. The important thing is to actually get around to making the purchases, to get basics that you actually use, and to have a few extras to give your storage a little variety. It's also nice, especially if you have young 'uns, to have the ingredients for some "fun" food or treats. If circumstances require you to use your storage, the same things day in and day out can get boring real fast. Also, having alternative ways to cook, such as solar, a rocket stove, fire pit, etc., will make it easier on the pocket book when it comes to cooling your home and paying for fuel.

Just my two cents.