Foodies - explain please?

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Took my epsom salt bath last night, thank you!

I can't believe all the crap that is in our food. Food isn't even food anymore.

I told my husband that my friend's little girl tested allergic to soy, wheat, chicken, chicken eggs, and several other things. He couldn't believe it.

My FIL was talking about taking us out to dinner and I told him that I am gluten intolerant so no surprise dinners....I have to be consulted about certain restaurants first. He just looked at me and said...."what CAN you eat if you are allergic to wheat?"

He just can't fathom eating food in its natural state. No one can anymore....if it doesn't come out of a box or a can then people just can't imagine how you could eat it.

Sad really.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That's it Wifey.

The defenders of real food!!! Duh da da Charge!!!!!!

oh, wait Self Sufficient is Self Defence!!! Picture someone in overalls holding a bunch of carrots and a goat on a leash!!! :D

Oh How about Real Food for Real People, wait that sounds familiar. Like I have heard it before.

:idunno

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Yeppers. I didn't realize how bad my seizures were til I fixed my diet and they slowed down!! And thrush for 15 years!! lol. I haven't had thrush since a month after I went low carb.

Plus the SNOB FACTOR! omg. You eat that? pffff. I'm off to have my real food now.

:gig

I do love the snob factor.

But mostly I eat this way so I don't live a miserable life, sick all this time, and dying slowly from some hideous metabolic disorder. I wanna die FAST! *smack!*

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
lorihadams said:
Took my epsom salt bath last night, thank you!

I can't believe all the crap that is in our food. Food isn't even food anymore.

I told my husband that my friend's little girl tested allergic to soy, wheat, chicken, chicken eggs, and several other things. He couldn't believe it.

My FIL was talking about taking us out to dinner and I told him that I am gluten intolerant so no surprise dinners....I have to be consulted about certain restaurants first. He just looked at me and said...."what CAN you eat if you are allergic to wheat?"

He just can't fathom eating food in its natural state. No one can anymore....if it doesn't come out of a box or a can then people just can't imagine how you could eat it.

Sad really.
Best explaining, is done by dinner invites to your house.
Its the best advertising for real food and gluten free food that I have ever found.
Let the food do the explaining and save your breath :lol:

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Snobbery isn't the default position. It is what happens after you lose a ton of weight, lower your blood pressure, cure your diabetes, keep the weight off for years and your friend STILL treat you like a space alien for not eating bread...THEN I get snobby! :gig

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Snobbery isn't the default position. It is what happens after you lose a ton of weight, lower your blood pressure, cure your diabetes, keep the weight off for years and your friend STILL treat you like a space alien for not eating bread...THEN I get snobby! :gig
I will never understand people that do not get it, even when the proof is spelled out to them!

Latest posts