For REAL!??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I got this E Mail...from my Father inlaw...im not one to start propaganda...but is this for real?? WOW...im never amazed..by "uncle Sam"

This didn't take long!!!!!!!!!!!!

LET THE FIGHT BEGIN

Nobody can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009

It has already started....

Ammunition Accountability Legislation

Remember how Obama said that he wasn't going to take your guns? Well, it seems that his allies in the anti-gun world have no problem with taking your ammo!

The bill 20 that is being pushed in 18 states (including Illinois and Indiana ) requires all ammunition to be encoded by the manufacture a data base of all ammunition sales. So they will know how much you buy and what calibers.

Nobody can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009 unless the ammunition is coded.

Any privately held uncoded ammunition must be destroyed by July 1, 2011. (Including hand loaded ammo.)

They will also charge a .05 cent tax on every round so every box of ammo you buy will go up at least $2.50 or more!

If they can deprive you of ammo they do not need to take your gun!

This legislation is currently pending in 18 states: Alabama , Arizona , California , Connecticut , Hawaii , Illinois , Indiana , Kentucky , Maryland , Mississippi , Missouri , New Jersey , New York , Pennsylvania , Rhode Island , South Carolina , Tennessee , and Washington

Send to your friends in these states AND fight to dissolve this BILL!!

To find more about the anti-gun group that is sponsoring this legislation and the specific legislation for each state, go to:

http://ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
This has been shot down in eleven states so far. It's a bill, it isn't law - yet. If your state hasn't shot it down them get thee to your legislators and make your thoughts known!

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
reinbeau said:
This has been shot down in eleven states so far. It's a bill, it isn't law - yet. If your state hasn't shot it down them get thee to your legislators and make your thoughts known!
AND, work to get the people who vote for such legislation out of office.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Tallman said:
reinbeau said:
AND, work to get the people who vote for such legislation out of office.
DITTO! :thumbsup

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Canada has several such policies in place. Your gun has to be registered or you can't buy ammo, and you are only allowed to buy so much ammo. I had to file my drivers licnese to be able to get my son a pellet gun! The only people who can get guns, ammo and supplies to 'stockpile' seem to be the crimminals. But here in Canada they have everyone convinced that we will never need guns anyway. AND if you did use a gun to defend yourself even in your own home, you are going directly to jail. In effect they have turned us all into defenseless vitims of crime.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
In effect they have turned us all into defenseless vitims of crime.
Which is exactly what they'd like to do here in the US. It has happened in Britain, and the people are now regretting not standing up for their gun rights. It's easy to lose them, people, and very hard, if not impossible, to get them back. Stand up for the Second Amendment!

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Just to clarify on what Morel said--None of our guns are registered, and we can still buy ammo. Any new guns you buy must be registered, but they do take down your drivers license when buying ammo. so basically they know what kind of guns you have anyways. And yes--for my son to have a pellet gun, we had to show our FAC etc.

It was bill C-68 that was trying to make us all register our guns about 10 years ago. The majority of gun owners rebelled, and the bill failed, after spending millions of the tax payers dollars.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I was under the impression that any unregistered guns were illegal...well that is what they try to lead the public to believe. They did try to call in all unregistered guns at one point, I remember hearing radio advertisements that stated that you could "still" hand in your unregistered guns no questions asked, and you were advised to do so before they started asking questions:>)

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
Just to clarify on what Morel said--None of our guns are registered, and we can still buy ammo. Any new guns you buy must be registered, but they do take down your drivers license when buying ammo. so basically they know what kind of guns you have anyways. And yes--for my son to have a pellet gun, we had to show our FAC etc.

It was bill C-68 that was trying to make us all register our guns about 10 years ago. The majority of gun owners rebelled, and the bill failed, after spending millions of the tax payers dollars.
Yes, I heard that, and good for those gun owners rebelling, that's what needs to happen here, too.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
I was under the impression that any unregistered guns were illegal...well that is what they try to lead the public to believe. They did try to call in all unregistered guns at one point, I remember hearing radio advertisements that stated that you could "still" hand in your unregistered guns no questions asked, and you were advised to do so before they started asking questions:>)
I'll have to check with dh about what really happened, but back when they introduced bill c-68--we decided not to register our guns and started stockpiling ammo. Butthey dumped that bill, and we can still buy ammo. We still have lots for the 12 and 20 gauges, but we are still buying ammo for our .22.

Ds has a pellet gun that we recently bought, so it's registered and we have to show ID to buy pellets for that, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.