For REAL!??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
ticks said:
This is ridiculous, there is NO way this will be passed!
A few years ago some people would have said that there is NO way that something like this would ever be purposed!

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The bill died in committee because it had NO co-sponsors. There's talk that some individual states may pick it up but that would be futile unless it was a federal law and no one wants to commit political suicide by sponsoring a bill like that.

Reaction score
. That is one of the ways Obama is going to create jobs. The gov is creating a new dept of ammo enforcement. 2 million deputies are going to start in California and go house to house checking ammo to be sure it's registered. Whoever is coming up with these bills needs to think of something that is enforceable. As Farmerlor wrote "it would be political suicide". I think it is backed by the ammo manufacturers to drive up the cost of ammo. You guys are probably paying at least twice what you were a year ago because of the Obama frenzy. All he's going to do is give you jobs and a better country o live in.

JMO

VT-Chicklit

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We must always be watchful, because those who wish to deny us this right are patient and watch for the oportunity to chip away at it. The moment we become lax in our vigalance will be the moment that we loose our second amendment right to bear arms! :old

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Big Daddy said:
. That is one of the ways Obama is going to create jobs. The gov is creating a new dept of ammo enforcement. 2 million deputies are going to start in California and go house to house checking ammo to be sure it's registered. Whoever is coming up with these bills needs to think of something that is enforceable. As Farmerlor wrote "it would be political suicide". I think it is backed by the ammo manufacturers to drive up the cost of ammo. You guys are probably paying at least twice what you were a year ago because of the Obama frenzy. All he's going to do is give you jobs and a better country o live in.

JMO
How is losing our freedoms getting a better country to live in?

Reaction score
Homesteadmom said:
Big Daddy said:

JMO
How is losing our freedoms getting a better country to live in?
I haven't lost any freedoms. What freedoms have you lost. As far as I can tell the only freedom lost in this country is the freedom to think for yourself. A lot of people seem to have had that freedom taken away.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Some people are willing to live with rose colored glasses on and act very surprised when their freedoms are gone. Fortunately there are plenty with their eyes wide open, I hope there are enough to save freedom for everyone.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Big Daddy said:
I haven't lost any freedoms. What freedoms have you lost. As far as I can tell the only freedom lost in this country is the freedom to think for yourself. A lot of people seem to have had that freedom taken away.
You want to know?

Lets see, the right to lifehas been taken away (abortions are legal after all and no one gives a lick about the unborn human beings life...you know, the ones who don't have a voice yet, but mom's can decide to end their life before they even have the chance to live and make their own mistakes or feel joy...but heaven forbid should you shoot a dog with 3 legs, one eye, no nuts or tail, has been hit by a car 15 times, and has no teeth to eat with....I could go on and on and on with this one...)

You no longer have the right to own property. You're paying taxes on it. HAHAHA so your property that you own....permanently leased from the goverment. They can come take it from you when ever they please if they think they have a better use of your "property" than what you are using it for (to live in).

Pursuit of happiness....Ok sure, we still have a semblance of this, but your happiness is regulated to the hilt by the goverment so be sure whatever it is that makes you happy that you follow all government guidelines whilst pursuing it.

YOU HAVE TO REGISTER TO OWN A GUN but no where in the Constitution does it state "the right to bear arms requires an individuals permit to carry" No where does it say that the right to bear arms needs a background check.

A dog has more rights than a human being these days.

No offense to dog lovers.

Reaction score
I wasn't on this line last year. I would be willing to bet there were no postings about lost freedoms during the last 8 years. I know George kind of got disowned by most of the people that voted for him. But I'm sure there was a lot of adoration in the ranks. You have the same rights as you've had for at least the last 20 years. I believe there has been a property tax for at least the last 30 years. Same with every other freedom that you never had that you think you lost. The problem is the right wing rhetoric you listen to without trying to see if there is any truth to it. For verification you go to a different right wing source who is spouting the same nonsense designed to incite and manipulate you. Sorry, without government you have anarchy. If you want no government controls you'll have to go back about 150 years or so. Then you could be really self sufficient and not have to worry about Uncle Sam. Your taking years off your life. If you can't see the truth then put on those rose colored glasses you wore from 2000-2008. The truth will set you free.

Status
Not open for further replies.