For REAL!??????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
VT-Chicklit said:
I refuse to accept the blame for someone that first breaks the law by stealing my gun and then breaks the law again by useing it during the commision of a crime. Only someone who has little respect for personal responsibility could believe that the victim of a theft is responsible for the actions of the thief. Demonizing a victim these days is a common way to distract from where the responsibility for the crime actually lies.

It seems to me that placeing the blame where it belongs, on the person pulling the trigger, will go a long was towards being able to name the problem and then solve it. The reality is that those who wish to commit crimes with guns will do so. Whether they steal them from me, buy them legally or get them from the black market. . . they will have a gun to commit their crime. Now a days, many of the laws enacted to "solve" a problem only inconvienience or prevent those who are acting lawfully from doing what is their right to do, in this case own a gun. It doesn't prevent those who act illegally from doing anything they wish to do, which is use a gun to commit a crime.
I'm just trying to make a point that owning a gun is a huge responsibility and more gun owners need to treat it as such. The way to get guns out of the hands of criminals is to dry up their supply. Their supply comes from guns stolen from cars and houses and of course at gun shows. If their supply diminishes then the guns currently in their hands will dwindle through attrition. Gun owners could do their part by being sure their guns are secure. That would also reduce the number of kids killed when they find Daddys gun stupidly left in the nightstand. You can make a difference through common sense and thoughtfulness for your fellow human being.

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Big Daddy said:
The way to get guns out of the hands of criminals is to dry up their supply. Their supply comes from guns stolen from cars and houses and of course at gun shows.
So, if someone comes, steals my car, and uses it to commit a crime then the supply of cars should be dried up.

If someone comes and steals a butcher knife and uses it to commit a crime, then the supply of knives should be dried up.

How about this. Someone comes and steals food out of my freezer and uses the energy produced by the food to commit a crime. When this happens we will need to dry up the food source.

I think I got it! :ya

Status
Not open for further replies.