For SavingDogs - N's tail * graphic dont look * update

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Have you ever seen cats with "lion" cuts? Pretty funny. People do it for their persians a lot because they tend to get real matted. But they trim everything except the head, paws, and tip of tail.

We took my golden retriever in for a shave down one hot summer when he was young. He had some mats. When we picked him up, they had trimmed his tail like a lions! Skinny all the way down and then a fluffy tip. Hubby was MAD and made me shave it off, but then it looked worse....kind of like............

well kind of like.....

how Nicholas's tail looks right now! :lol:

C'mon, it is a little funny. Is he embarassed?

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
he's TOTALLY embarrassed! ha!

when we picked him up and saw his little rat tail i caught my hubby stifle a snicker... he knew that neither Nicholas nor i were in the "lets joke about it" stage.

hee hee hee hee

it wouldnt have been so bad if he didnt have such a magnificent plume to begin with.....

AL thats one tough dog! wow!

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
ok we are back from the vet. aside from my bleeding ulcer from working myself up into a tizzy.... everyone is fine.

she (not the original doc which is fine) said he looked GREAT. but the first thing she did was trim off those stitches!

she wasnt concerned about the stitch that popped b/c it was already dry, wasnt pulling at the other stitches, the skin was pink, etc.

so that was all good. i thought he felt warm and he was at 102* which wasnt enough for her to be concerned about esp since he was on the antibiotics.

we decided on buprenex for 3 days to kinda take the end off and make him more comfortable.

so whew.

now i'm gonna go and eat a lot of chocolate, which apparently i need to stock up on, yikes!

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
yah, Buprenex is the good stuff. He will be feeling mighty fine.

I'm not surprised about those sutures. I've just never seen them like that.