For the raw milk supporters....

ToLiveToLaugh

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Organic Valley just had some rep join BYC and comment on the thread I started over there. This will give everyone a chance to see both sides of the debate.
Seemed pretty form letter though. I hope she sticks around and keeps responding, but I'm kind of doubting it.

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
I went to my coop to see if they had a different brand of half and half (a necessity around here) and they had OV, too! As the only brand! I thought for sure they'd have something different.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I bet it was ultra pasteurized too, wasn't it?

Organic ultra-pasteurized milk, cream or half and half is not any better than non-organic. It's all crap!

hennypenny9

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
I bet it was ultra pasteurized too, wasn't it?

Organic ultra-pasteurized milk, cream or half and half is not any better than non-organic. It's all crap!
I know, right? I looked into this after my mom bought organic milk and spit it out because it tasted so terrible. I tried it and agreed. It just tasted bad. I found that since it's ultra-pasteurized, it tends to get a "cooked" taste from the extreme high temp. They only do this to extend the shelf life so that they can ship less often.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
my Imooto tasted my raw milk and said "omg this tastes like cows smell!" and fell in love.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Organic Valley just had some rep join BYC and comment on the thread I started over there. This will give everyone a chance to see both sides of the debate.
Got a link? I looked and couldn't find it.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I found it, sorry, my brain isn't working well today (I'm afraid of the Lyme returning, I guess I'd better go to the doctor). I've got a chiro appointment tomorrow, that's kinda on the way to the dairy, I'm going to go pick up a gallon for myself. I need some health food!

ETA I posted this over in the BYC thread to our new Organic Valley shill:

Jamie, try to recognize, we're paying attention now. More and more consumers are becoming educated, and we're making sure others are also becoming educated. We will turn the tide away from the corporate food system that has developed while all of you were making money - but it developed without the proper attention being paid to the health and wellness of the consumer. The scale has tipped towards a complete breakdown of the general public's health to the point where we have to change course. We will change course. We are mothers, we are fathers, we are parents of the next generation and we want them healthy and well, not dealing with the health issues so many are now dealing with as the result of bad food being foisted on us all in the name of corporate profits. We are onto it, and we will not be ignored.

I'm doing my part in telling the owners of local health food stores about this issue and asking them to stop carrying your products (and they are very sympathetic to my cause, two are now investigating alternatives, and they do exist). I will continue to do so until you change this boneheaded decision. Organic Valley has a choice here, listen to their consumers, or continue to pander to the dairy industry. The ball is in your court.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I think we SS'er's have invaded BYC just to post on that OV thread of Wife's :p :lol:

I had called my mom to read my post, and she corrected me - my family's military services can be traced back to the Revolutionary War...

SO GIVE ME MY RAW MILK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts