FORD, didnt take our money and opening a new plant!!

opiemaster

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well, Ford saw the hard times coming and prepared,(like alot of us are trying to do) they made cut backs, closed unnecessary plants and as of yet did not ask for money from the feds. Today they announced they will OPEN a plant in the midwest that has been closed for 2 years to build engines. Think about it when you try to buy yor next vehicle and where your money is going.

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Actually, Ford DID ask for money and according to some when the CEO found out he might lose all his perks he decided to make cuts instead. Now they say they won't need the money in 2009 but if things continue to deteriorate they will need it in 2010. In the meantime they've taken big hits in the stockmarket like everyone else, have crashing sales in foreign markets and reportedly are blowing through the money they were able to borrow at an alarming rate. Then of course there's the little teaser about if they don't take the government money they won't be included in the move to replace foreign made government cars with cars made by companies that we've loaned money to which is part of the new stimulus bill. Me, I'm a Chevy girl.

Reaction score
Most importantly be sure you buy American. Always liked Chevy myself, but Ford's remake of the Mustang isn't bad. Chevy is the truck leader though.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Big Daddy said:
Most importantly be sure you buy American. Always liked Chevy myself, but Ford's remake of the Mustang isn't bad. Chevy is the truck leader though.
GO CHEVY!
Love their trucks! All we buy....made a mistake and got a Dodge once...ugh...LOL-LOL

opiemaster

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
YEA, love chevy motors made in mexico. Chevy and Chrystler sent more comapanies and work south of the border than any of the other motor companies. I will do a little more research about the claims about the C.E.O and backing down. He isnt the only one running the Corp. He is representative of the corporation so its not his call to make. So that claim ( I feal ) is not realy factual. "Blowing throught he money at an alarming rate", well Id like to see the stats on that one. Ford from the git go has stated they were " OK" and didnt need the money at this time due to there forsight in the economy and I am positive with there forsight then that they arent "blowing" it now. Of course there losing money, as you stated, everyone has. These people instead of taking the money and going boo hoo were broke, didnt take any money and are working within there means. There sales were down so they cut back. F-150 still beats Chevy and Dodge. I only posted this because it was the first news I had heard of a major motor company actualy going back to building something here in the U.S.A. in the current financial crisis and putting Americans back to work. If you want to drive your pretty little mexican bow tie or you billie goat go ahead, No problem its still America, ( For Now).
Ford sold more trucks last year, Chevy second, Dodge third. Look it up.
:lol:

1acrefarm

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Big Daddy said:
Most importantly be sure you buy American.
I agree but you really have to do your research to do that. It would be better to buy a toyota made in Indiana than a ford, chevy or dodge made in other nations.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I have a VW. It has parts in it from all over the freaking world.

It's paid for and gets good gas mileage.

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Had an American car made in Canada, an American truck made in Mexico, and a Japanese car made in the USA.

Buy American, what does that mean anymore?

American car manufacturers need to get things figured out. I bought a Dodge Omni back in the 70s or 80s in a moment of patriotic weakness when Chrysler was going under. Now it's going under again.

Sure, Toyota is having problems too but the Americans need to figure out what Toyota is doing right instead of griping all the time and not getting with the program.

I know this thread is about cars but look at Walmart. It used to be American, now it is Chinese. Buy American means don't buy from Walmart.

opiemaster

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well, Dacjons is right. I used to haul into Walmart back when Sam was alive. He tried very hard to buy and sell American products. He bought a yarn factory in the south that was aboutto go out of Buisness and sold the product in his store to keep it American. After he passed his kids sold out to foreighn products. One of there newest scams is you look on a box, it says made in U.S.A. (theymean the BOX!) the inside product came from overseas. Walmar is cutting back on selling guns and ammo and tryingto go more "modern". Well, there close suc% and the meat comes from Tyson and when you guys buy it its freakin way old!! Look at the meat section the next time your in there, its 85% TYSON meats. MAss produced with the cheapest quality! Shop around and get your meat from other sources. Dont follow the "in" crowd. Oh wait, you realy arent following the "in" crowd are you? Cuz if you were, you wouldnt be here in the first place. Walmart is not a bargain anymore! Sam is dead, the kids want profits. Life goes on.
Mazda pickups come off the same assembly line as the ford ranger. I dont know, I drive Ford trucks, F-350 and the ford Excursion. My kids drive Ford expeditions. Gas mileage sucks, but so do all the big 3. Its hard to "buy " American anymore. But I still try.

God Bless The U.S.A.

Latest posts