framing fowl -daily living

DianeS

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ohhhh! Learning to ride a motorcycle is on my bucket list. How exciting! Do we get to see a picture of the bike?

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i used to ride a little 50cc scooter, id LOVE somehting larger but some of my "issues" mean my confidence on 2 wheels is pretty low...so itll be a trike one day but of course that bumps the cost up.
id love a honda shadow or Rebel with a tike kit.
or, if money were no option if LOVE to have a custom trike kit on an indian cheif vintage *droooool*

Cant beat honda rebels and shadows for GREAT first bikes though!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I tried to find a Rebel or a V Star 250 B4 I got my bike, and couldn't find them. The stores had trouble keeping them in stock. Everyplace I looked promised me they'd call when they got them in. I'm still waiting.

Truthfully, I'm glad I didn't get either of them. Maybe if I had never ridden B4 I would have been happy w/one, but I used to have a dirt bike. And, even though it wasn't real big (Honda XR 80), I didn't have any problem jumping to a larger bike. I would have outgrown anything smaller in just a matter of months.

FF, I know that feeling. Sometimes I ask myself why I never got a bike B4.

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
1317_102_1927-001.jpg

Here it is Diane. I hope you get to learn to ride soon! It is really fun, and very easily justified as a SS skill ;-)

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Denim Deb, what kind of bike do you have again? One of the ones in our class was the V Star 250.

I have to wait 'til we get to ID to get this one licensed before I start riding on the road. Meanwhile, I'll just be practicing some more in the neighborhood and some parking lots.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
A Buell Blast. It's made by Harley. It's 492 ccs, so it's still a small bike.

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Good to see you back here ff, and congrats on you new found addiction (I mean that in the best way possible)! :hugs

Doc_gonzo and I have a '99 1200cc Sportster and are jonesing to be able to ride her again. Bought it used with little miles in October '07, rode for 4 months...rode every chance we got together and doc used it for getting back and forth to work (saved a ton of money). Wrecked it 4 months later when a kid ran his red light. :somad We still have her and will get her on the road again after we get our small cabin built. ;)

Doc would love to get a bigger scoot and then give me the Sporty...bring it!!! :cool:

PA044182.jpg

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Drools.... :drool I got Lucy out last night for about 1/2 hour. It was really funny to get back on her after the larger bikes we were on in class. She sounded like a whiney little bee buzzing around rather than that deep throaty rumble that I love. But, I have to keep reminding myself, she was affordable and the whole point is saving $ back and forth to work. Someday I'll get something bigger and be able to hit the open road. She is also much much easier to maneuver due to being so light weight and the shifting and braking is much more intuitive due to being lighter as well so I think in stop and go traffic, this will actually be a much better option when you're constantly having to stop and start and brake and shift.

In other news... getting a few spring raspberries already. Blackberries are covered in blossoms. The birds got my blueberries because I didn't take time to cover them. Almost done eating the spinach, lettuce and carrots that I planted last fall and overwintered. I need to do one final weeding of the garden before we leave just so it doesn't look terrible.

Monday we're meeting with our tax accountant to go over ramifications of turning this house into a rental and we're signing the papers with our management company. A couple of last minute fix-its that we were going to leave if someone bought the place but want done before renters get in here. Starting to pack and clean the garage. Other than that, life is just coasting along and winding down around here. It feels really good to know that things didn't turn out how we expected for our time here, but it was good. We did what we set out to accomplish and now we're excited for the next stage in our adventure!

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Dawn, sorry the bike got wrecked but glad you are both still around to tell about it. How's progress on your cabin? I haven't had time to get caught up on everyone's journals and doings quite yet.

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Been awhile again.

We finally got packed up and moved to ID. We're absolutely loving it here! Lots of like minded people.

Ordered 30 red broilers from Ideal. They arrived Friday. It's my first time doing meat chicks. So far, so good.

We're feeling pretty settled in here, making plans for the yard and garden for next year. We're not going to do anything on that front anymore this year. Our mistake at our last place was just jumping right in the middle of things without taking the proper time to observe and make a plan.

School starts in two weeks. I'll be going full-time. Excited and scared at the same time.

Latest posts