framing fowl -daily living

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I don't know about the Palace King cucumber but I find that the Japanese style cucumbers that are long and kinda spiny generally are burpless - at least for me.

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Are they truly burpless? I've avoided cucumbers for years because of the burping.
I'm not sure. I've not had burping problems with cukes personally. I guess that's why I haven't tried burpless varieties before. I just couldn't believe how tasty this variety was though.

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
FEM, the Palace King falls in the category you mention. They're some kind of crazy weird looking to me though. Probably another reason I haven't grown them in the past.

Guess it's good when we try new things on accident and it turns out good!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
OK I had no idea there was such a thing as a burpless cucumber. Or that such a thing was necessary, didn't know burping was a cucumber issue? Weird... Learn something new every day I suppose!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Same here. I should try it out next time I get wind stuck lol

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
@sumi the next time you "get wind stuck"??
"Burbs" that won't come out. I tend to have to have that problem at times and could walk around for hours with horrible pains in my chest and throat before I can finally shift the buggers.

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Love it! Thanks @sumi . :) I've never heard that phrase before. Cucumbers and raw onions are some of the few foods I can't eat, precisely for this reason. I can and do eat onions any other way but raw.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
When I was pregnant with my daughter, I was craving cucumber in the worst way... but I couldn't handle the returns. My mother peeled and quickly sauteed a cucumber with butter and a touch of dill. It was fantastic... and no burps!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
"Burbs" that won't come out. I tend to have to have that problem at times and could walk around for hours with horrible pains in my chest and throat before I can finally shift the buggers.
I can burp almost at will-big LOUD burps reminiscent of college boys having a burp contest. It just impresses the heck out of my son in law. LOL LOL