Free's kidding journal 2011: Plum's death wish p 42

hillfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
If you read the above posts without reading the others, it sounds really bad. LOL.

"able to sale your kids" :lol:

wondering if I could rent mine out.......

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I sure could rent a couple of kids! I have some stall cleaning to do and compost to spread.....anyone want to rent me a couple of teens? :D

Three months of bottling....I sure hope I can tighten up my kidding season next year. If I sell Mya, I'll try to breed all three at the same time and get it over with more quickly.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Jobs are tight, I bet you could hire a couple teens ;)

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
My secret? I'm the only one in my area who puts a video on youtube and posts a link in my ad along with still photos and I mention the link in my title. I get a lot of views!

Abi, teens won't do farm work anymore. Not in my area. The local farmers hire migrants. Even their own kids will hardly work. :rolleyes: I did all the farm work I could get my hands on when I was a kid....paid the expenses for my pony.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Weird. How do they get spending money if they don't work? *confused* Don't teens still like to have spending money? That can't have changed.

Freem, any idea where to get Fortiflora? For kitties?

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Farm work is "beneath" most teens in this area, too. They'll work in McDs, or the mall, or any place else. Or, if they're lucky enough, they'll get money from mom and dad, but forget working on a farm.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
The work study program for our Special Education students has farm jobs. Many of my special needs students LOVE their days working on the farm. I have one nearly non verbal girl who will talk my ear off if I ask her about the farm animals she's seen that day! It's too bad more kids won't give it a chance. Here I think Ican contact the high school in the next town over and they will help put me in touch with Vo-Ag students who need or want hours. I haven't needed to do that but I may next year if I've got a doe in milk and we need to go away for any reason.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
This journal it supposed to be over, but I couldn't help it! Here are a couple of cute pics taken today in the extreme heat. I think Plum just wanted to nap without getting harassed, as she is the lowest in the herd. I have been taking apart this hay rack that didn't work out and she decided it looked like a nice bed.
Julygardenetc008.jpg

Look how much weight Peach has gained. She was a walking skeleton after having those triplets. She's got worse for a few weeks.... I think it was the antibiotics she was on, disturbing her gut flora. Lots of probios and digestive enzymes later, and then the organic sprouted wheat, and she is looking sleek and still a bit too svelte, but gaining.

Julygardenetc005.jpg