Free's kidding journal 2011: Plum's death wish p 42

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
This would be the kind of day she'll kid, huh? Good luck! Hope to hear baby news later. :D

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I think today is the day. Her ligaments are almost gone and she did a full squat when I patted her udder....from behind, the biggest no-no.

Gotta gather my stuff together in one place and finish setting up the heat lamp. Gotta get one more bale of straw into the stall. Gotta go boil some water!!! :weee

It is not going to be any minute, I'm thinking a little later today. But the heat lamp is going up soon. It is raw out there today.

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh yeah! :celebrate I remember mine acted like their legs gave out when I touched the hind end on birth day.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I just did another check and have decided tomorrow is the day. Of course, that will probably change with the next check! Her belly is even rounder, if that is possible. I'll take some pics later. The guinea must be obsessed with her. He often roosts right over her. She was in a completely different area last night and he still managed to poop on her ears. Gotta go clean her up. Anyone with guineas and goats knows that guinea poo is RANK! If I could catch him, he'd be gone. He beats up on my hens, too. Thank goodness I only got three guineas and he is the last of them. :rolleyes:

hillfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
guineas are scary to me. I grew up around them as a kid. My brothers told me they had skeleton heads cus the mothers tried to eat them when they were born, head first. If the baby got away before she got past the neck then it lived. And it looked like that.

I had mean siblings with way too much creativity

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
hillfarm said:
guineas are scary to me. I grew up around them as a kid. My brothers told me they had skeleton heads cus the mothers tried to eat them when they were born, head first. If the baby got away before she got past the neck then it lived. And it looked like that.

I had mean siblings with way too much creativity
:lol: :yuckyuck

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
BABIES!!! I can't wait to see pictures!

I'm loosing 2 on Sunday :( It's hard to say good bye when they're so darn cute....