From NYC Single truck driver...to farmer "dad" with 5 kids.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
bgelber said:
Okay I want to know how Jeff made it to adulthood???

Great stories though keep them coming. :pop :caf
There are so many more stories surrounding Jeff.....he was ALWAYS the one to get into an " adventure" LOL

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
dragonlaurel said:
freemotion said:
Yikes! The worst thing I remember doing was taking my horse to the lake and making her swim.... I would strip off her saddle and hide it in some bushes, then urge her into deeper and deeper water until she started leaping....then swimming. I would hold on tight to her mane and basically float above her, trying to stay over her so when she touched bottom again and started leaping, I would end up on her back and not under her legs.

I did not know how to swim. :ep

The other thing my parents didn't know was that I would ride alone miles into the woods and fields, where humans rarely went, and if I saw an apple tree, I would park that pony under the tree and stand on her back to pick the best apples.

Another :ep
You should have just climbed the tree. They are very nice places for kids to be.
I was able to get into my Grandmas attic from the outside before I was school age. She had an antenna mast that was three metal poles like a triangle and it was close to the house. I'd climb it to the widow's walk (balcony) which they didn't think to lock then up into the attic. Just did it because it was there. Never got caught.
I didn't want to leave my horse unattended..... :lol: :ep

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
My Shetland pony Dapper would do ANYTHING for a Jolly Rancher! One time I had her up a flight of concrete stairs and INTO my grandma Nettie's living room before grandma caught me! :ep

Oh it is a wonder our parents survived! :lol: :gig

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
My Shetland pony Dapper would do ANYTHING for a Jolly Rancher! One time I had her up a flight of concrete stairs and INTO my grandma Nettie's living room before grandma caught me! :ep

Oh it is a wonder our parents survived! :lol: :gig
:yuckyuck :lol: :lol: