Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Maybe your contractor would like some fresh eggs to take home?? If he doesn't have his own chickens, that is.

Good amount of work there. Seems you retired for more than you knew. :lol: :hugs At least it's done and besides, he needed something to do on "spring break" !!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
And luckily he’ll get more time for spring break because our college has extended spring break for another week because of the virus. Didn’t get a chance to offer him eggs, but there will likely be other opportunities.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
DH's mom (88yo) called last night and told DH that she's going to lunch with a BIG group of old people from the senior apartments where she lives. The complex has arranged for a bus to come get 'em and haul them to Kelley's restaurant for lunch. Sound like fun? He// to the NO! DH told her he didn't think it was a good idea, but she's stubborn. Now what could be worse than a bunch of folks in their 70's and 80's going as group to an overcrowded restaurant in the middle of a pandemic? ARGH!!!!

Need more coffee...

i face the same kind of mentality. Mom does not want to change her routine and i'm trying to get across to her that with all of her elderly friends with many of them not being all that healthy that if this does spread far and wide throughout the whole population that there's a good chance she may lose some friends or get really sick herself. and also i for sure don't need it either! i ask her to wash her hands when coming back from going out and she will grumble about it but eventually do it. says she wears gloves, but you have to touch the gloves to take them off and whatever she touches before taking off the gloves could still be a point of contact to be wary of.

my own lungs are not that great and this is allergy season for me. so far i manage to avoid the worst by rinsing out my eyes, nose and sinuses when i come in from being outside, washing the face and wiping down my hair if i haven't been wearing a hat helps too. i usually do wear a hat anyways.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
And luckily he’ll get more time for spring break because our college has extended spring break for another week because of the virus. Didn’t get a chance to offer him eggs, but there will likely be other opportunities.

never hurts to call and say thank you for the good work and to put in a plug for chicken eggs if he needs some. :)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
House is still in shambles, lol. Nothing has changed at this time. Waiting for the tile guy to come and put the master bath back together. He has postponed at least three times now. Sigh...supposed to start a week from today. I've decided to put the living room back to normal. I'm tired of stumbling around in there. It may very well be months before the termite issue is resolved and the drywall work can begin in earnest. So, it looks like I'll be living with studs and insulation for awhile longer. Think I may hang some sheets up to cover the ugliness.

I pulled the rest of the carrots yesterday and will try to get them processed soon. I'll put eggplant in the space they formerly occupied. Think I can squeeze a couple pepper plants in there also. Yay!

Plan to get more seeds in the ground this week if I can beat the rain. I should have two or three days. We had some rain yesterday but not too much. Hope I can still till. Even more - hope I can get some more permanent beds in so that tilling is not a yearly necessity.

I've been hanging at home as much as possible but DH has to take his mother to two separate appointments this week. She has a dental appointment today and an eye injection Friday. Both are necessities. At least there's no medical appointment right now - who wants to go to a dr's office and be around a bunch of sick folks?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've been trying to get my garden going - still in the tilling stage right now. Several years ago I put down some kick-butt weed barrier that I left in place for waaaaay too long. I'm struggling to get that crap out of there now. My body hurts in places that I didn't know it could hurt, lol. However, I WILL conquer!

Been wrangling chickens for a few days. Chickens and gardens do not go well together.... I got the biggest bunch of my trouble-maker birds locked up today. Glad for that. I might need to re-arrange them into different breed pens. That'll come later. I'm quite over handling chickens right now.

DH moved the dog kennel that was sitting next to the house so that if we need to work on that wall next - at least it's out of the way. Ugh. Hoping I don't need any more walls replaced. Geeze!

Waiting on the tile man to come by now. He wants to look at the stuff we bought and see what he might need to get started. Still probably be next week unless something changes while he's here.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Accomplished a couple of things today. It was time to give the big dogs their Ivermectin heartworm treatment. They didn't love it - but its done now. I use .10 of a cc per 100 dog lbs of straight Ivermectin for a heartworm prevention. So much more economical than the vet prescribed drugs.

Got more tilling done in the garden. I'm worried about the health of my tiller... it goes great guns for awhile and then it really needs a break. That's ok - I need a break too. But, I got some beans planted! YaY! Noticed that I got in about 4 miles worth of steps today. Guess going around and around behind the tiller adds up, lol!

Anybody else thinking about next year's garden? I'm working on a seed order that will be, for the most part, for next year. I generally save a bunch of seeds from year to year - but "justincase" we have a bad garden year - I want to be covered. A big portion of my seeds are several seasons old so this is a CYA situation.

Still living in a half-demo'd house and getting quite accustomed to it. At least it doesn't matter if I clean lol.