Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've definitely seen some pigs I wouldn't go near! The AGHs, thank goodness, are very mellow. I can't even imagine how terrified that poor guy must've been to get cornered by a huge, hungry boar. Guess he was terrified for a good reason! Yikes!

I've been inside more than outside today. Did some "goat stuff" this morning but haven't done anything in the garden. Gonna have to change that. There are wood chips waiting for me....sigh.

I should be picking beans in a few days. Baby beans are the cutest little things, lol!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
A big fence, lol.

I finished up the wood chips in one portion of the garden - yay! Mulched the potatoes again and started the sprinkler. We are so dry - in a real, honest to goodness drought. May get some rain later in the week. Not something I normally have to wish for - generally we are mud central - but not now.

Picked green beans today. Not a lot, but it's a start. And Swiss Chard. I love swiss chard sautéed in some bacon grease with some onions and garlic. Yummmm! But, I was too tired to do more than toss a potato in the microwave. Maybe tomorrow.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have pea pods on my English peas!! Last year I grew sugar snaps and maestro varieties. Pretty sure they cross pollinated. Oops. I have flatish pods, sorta sweet, but not. Oh well they will still make peas. I buy new seed next year. LOL

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have pea pods on my English peas!! Last year I grew sugar snaps and maestro varieties. Pretty sure they cross pollinated. Oops. I have flatish pods, sorta sweet, but not. Oh well they will still make peas. I buy new seed next year. LOL
Yay for peas....mine are done and I miss 'em. I'll plant more next year. Interesting cross you created there, lol.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It is so weird for me to read all that you have going in your garden - and the crops that are done for the year.
Mean-while, here in the frozen tundra, I just tilled my garden and am going to put seeds in the ground this weekend...

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i have pea sprouts, almost all groups i planted have some coming up. not sure about a few, but will be patient and plant some more if needed. growing a bunch of new peas this season, black seeded, purple seeded, red pods, orange pods, purple pods, hypertendrils, etc. will be interesting to see what actually comes of them.

repeated frosts this past week including last night, but i hope we are done now at last, but still might get cold, we'll see... :)

i love peas and beans. :)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
For your viewing pleasure:

12C39E06-9E85-4E7C-82AE-B166D2595DFD.jpeg

Latest posts