Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Still have 10lbs of chicken in the freezer that needs to be canned....but...I'm sick of it, lol. And, I need my kitchen to be my kitchen again instead of a processing plant. And just to make things wonderful - I had kept a bowl of trimmings to put over the dog food this morning. Decided to microwave it first. Big mistake. Ever see what the inside of a microwave looks like when guts blow up? It's not
pretty!
31B025C5-BABD-4FCA-9CB1-8C48753341C7.jpeg

Last edited:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh my gosh !!! That made me laugh! Exploding chicken guts! Hahaha!

Impatiently waiting on puppy litter count. It must be at least 7. 10 would be better, 8 ok, but no less than 7.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I would've laughed too if it didn't happen to me!

No word yet on pups ... on pins and needles! Hope she's not like goats and drags this thing out for days and days. But, I think dogs are better keeping to a schedule than goats/sheep!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
And it really stinks too.
It does... :sick

Got some chevre made this morning. Started it yesterday - drained it overnight and added roasted garlic and finely chopped rosemary today. Yum! Also made DH some sugar free chocolate pudding as a treat (and as a way to use milk and eggs).

Generator was delivered today - yay! I think we're going to station it on the back porch so I'm shopping for a solution to keeping it out of the weather and safe. The porch is covered, but I want it more weather-proofed than that. I'm looking at something like this:
(pic credit to Amazon)

1591990156104.png