Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
puppy breath is a drug, i'm convinced of that... :)
Absolute truth!!

I feel like I've been a bit of a slug so far today. Did my outside chores this morning. It's a rainy day again so not much going on outside except necessities. Inside chores are on the list now - but I'm making sure not work too hard. I've been on laundry detail but need to find something else to do now that I've got that one under control.

No idea what's for dinner....don't really care. We'll find something if we need it. We had a mixed bag for dinner last night. Chicken salad, baked spicy okra and corn on the cob. Good thing we're not picky, lol.

I want to put my feet up and read a book. For whatever reason I always feel guilty when I'm healthy and do that - but don't feel guilty at all about reading if I'm sick. I need to get over that. I'm retired and should feel free to do what I want when I want. Reprogramming the habits of a lifetime isn't as easy as I thought it would be!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm also down one LGD - but I think I have a source to obtain one. :) Stay tuned!

I miss read....thinking "down TO one" scared myself!

Reprogramming the habits of a lifetime isn't as easy as I thought it would be!

So true, so true! After all these years, I STILL feel I can "only" do laundry at night....you know, after kids are fed, bathed and in bed. :lol: or weekends.

Go read that book!! Pretend your sick.....if that's what it takes.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I want to put my feet up and read a book. For whatever reason I always feel guilty when I'm healthy and do that - but don't feel guilty at all about reading if I'm sick. I need to get over that. I'm retired and should feel free to do what I want when I want. Reprogramming the habits of a lifetime isn't as easy as I thought it would be!

hahaha!

you are allowed time off for bad behavior once in a while! :) i grew up reading, it was a good way of getting time to myself and being left alone from the older siblings. i don't read now as much as i used to, but i'm always looking out for good stories.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I still haven't started a new book....argh! Decided yesterday that I needed to do some basic housework. It's ok to leave a few things undone if I'm working outside - but when it rains all day and I'm inside - hard to use that excuse.
Also have some meat in the freezer that I need to can. Freezer is at capacity and I need to get it back under control.

Nothing much else going on right now. Set a trap in the garden last night - bait is gone - trap is empty. Ugh.

I got the last three kids disbudded yesterday. Wish the remaining holdout doe would drop her load. I'm kinda anxious to see what she's got hidden in there.

Need to pick up feed today. I seriously hate getting out.... ugh.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I finished this over the weekend. Not a huge fan of the author, but the book is good.

and the latest Nathan Pyle book.
20200619_155037.jpg

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I would probably like that.

Have you ever read:
Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand?

It is an awesome book about Louis Zamperini who was an Olympic class runner who became a prisoner of war. Unbelievable the things that man endured. Well worth the read!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
While you are picking out a book --- I'm wondering if we will get to see a pic of the puppy, that I assume you have chosen by now. Or are we going to have to wait another 7 weeks?

I should have chicks hatching Wed/Thur ish. That's my next excitement if no puppy pics until pick-up. :rolleyes: Guess I could set eggs under the other two broodies....that'd help hold me over while waiting. :hu

Well -- maybe that darned doe of yours will kid. There's something. Otherwise, it's my first squash for this year. :lol: I'm bored.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have a pic of the three males. I don’t even know which is mine yet, lol. I forgot to ask where I am on the waiting list. Don't know if I get first, second or third choice. I did indicate to the breeder that I would prefer a pup with a blaze face.
1592875312498.jpeg

They are tri-colors. Gracie was sable. I hope the female that I'm on the list for will have some sable pups!

Last edited: