Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Procedure finally finished. Took longer than expected due to multiple blockages. One artery 100% blocked- another one 95% and hardly any blood flow to his left foot which puts him at risk for gangrene and amputations. Doc did a “roto-rooter” procedures on all the blockages. Hopefully, this will give him some good relief! If all goes well in recovery (no excessive bleeding) we can “probably” leave late afternoon today! 👍

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wow!! Talk about a "just in time" procedure -- I would say this was one!!!

My stepdad had amputation of one due to diabetic issues. Not fun. Be thankful this was done in time. I am thrilled for you both! This was a blessing for more than just the immediate relief of his heavy leg feel!!!!!!!!!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Holy Cow - what a DAY! First - the procedure was expected to be 60 - 90 minutes. It took 150 minutes. Second - if he clots well you can leave 3 hours after the procedure. Third - We stayed over 6 hours after the procedure. Fourth - we were 30 minutes from discharge and his BP spiked. They pushed meds and we wait 30 more minutes for results. Thirty minutes later they push more meds and we wait 30 more minutes. Finally(!) we get to come home. We left here at 5am and got home a few minutes after 7:30. BUT - it's better than spending the night!

And we didn't have to worry about hospital food - because there was none. Ok - slight exaggeration they gave him a sandwich and a diet coke at around 11 this morning. That's all the poor man had to eat all day except that I shared my snacks with him. I had brought a handful of grapes and some swiss cheese and some pretzels. I never really had the chance to leave and get anything because everything kept happening....ARGH! So, on the way home we stopped and picked up take out.

So glad it's over. So glad most of him got fixed. However, they only worked on the left leg. He's got a couple areas in the right leg where one artery is 90% blocked in several places. The saving grace is that the other two major arteries in that leg are in pretty good shape.

Blessed to be home, thankful for good docs and wonderful nurses!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wow! Poor guy. What a blessing modern medicine is. His BP probably spiked because of the stress and nothing to eat. Hey Hospital!!! Ever hear of FOOD??? I bet both of y'all are worn out. Get some rest and things will be better tomorrow.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Yay! So happy for you both to be home. Sounds like a tense evening! I bet goaties were happy to see you.

Does he have relief from the leg heavines right away after the procedure?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Does he have relief from the leg heavines right away after the procedure?
He hasn't walked a lot - yet. But, they did require him to walk down the hall pre-release and he said the leg felt better. He also said it was a bit "tingly" and felt like it was waking up after being asleep. I'm taking that as a good thing!

Last night was rough...no rest for the weary. His BP started rising again after we got home and I had visions that we might end up back at the ER. Instead of that he took his evening meds (which included BP meds) and went to bed. His head continued to hurt and he was up and down all night. As a result, guess who else didn't sleep?

Went to milk this morning and the girls were total witches. They're both in raging heat and wanted nothing more than to stand at the fence and flirt with Conan. S--tS! They are both on the 'late' breeding list so they have to be patient a couple more months.

Poor puppies were so neglected yesterday. Last night was their first night to spend outside since they've lived with me. Beau was raised outside, so not such a big deal for him - but (her Highness) Raine had never stayed out. The usual routine is that I bring them in about 10:30 and get up and let them out between 6 - 7am. No way was I staying up that late nor getting up that early so they stayed out, lol.

So much to do - so little energy. I need about 8 more "me's" to get caught up around here. Praying for a cool front!!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm certain the pups were fine -- just wanted to make you feel guilty. No doubt, they slept better than you. :hugs

I'm certain you are doing double duty and double work -- with all that's going on there. But glad DH got this done as I'm sure it will help! Soon, you'll be able to use the hot tub and have a glass of wine while doing it. Something to look forward to. 😁

Latest posts