Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I used to be on Medicare. It was nice! And crazy cheap! $115/month for just me. Now our family monthly premium is... significantly higher than the number on your letter. And thats a high deductible barely covers anything anyway plan. I am pro obamacare, but it was not kind to my family.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Obamacare did me no good. I quit my job to care for my mother after her stroke. I checked into Obamacare and it would have cost me over $900 a month PLUS a $10,000 deductible! What good would THAT do me? So I had to pay a fine every year because I didn't want that crappy insurance. Now on Medicare after almost 10 years of no insurance coverage.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
When DH first qualified he was shopping advantage plans and was totally befuddled by it - and that's saying a lot since he's been in healthcare forever and has a lot of basic knowledge about insurance. However, just as he was about to just pick one we got a letter from my Employee Retirement System (he's a dependent on my plan). They actually supply the advantage plan so it took all the guesswork out of it! So far, it's been awesome. For all 3 procedures he had on his legs our out of pocket expense has been zero. He looked up on their website what they had actually paid for the three procedures and the total was quite hefty so we feel very lucky with the plan he has. We've only seen one downside so far. They don't like one of his drugs so our co-pay for that drug went up considerably. It used to be $5 a month and now it's $105 for a 3 month supply. But, with the savings on a lot of the other meds it works out. And, there is a possibility they will actually start paying for that drug after the doc fills out some paperwork as to why that particular drug is prescribed.

Expecting some rain today...ugh. We've had enough for awhile.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The expected rains came. What I didn’t expect was the 60 mph winds that came with it! Lost a tree in the backyard. But it’s OK because I hated that tree anyway!

it was so dark, and raining so hard we didn’t know it happened until the storm had passed.

Attachments

• 6BDCA8CD-1B13-4F12-A41B-6E9A49A54CEF.jpeg
    6BDCA8CD-1B13-4F12-A41B-6E9A49A54CEF.jpeg
    169 KB · Views: 143

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We have rains coming in tomorrow, with winds but, not that bad. Then Wed more rain! Add insult to injury, it's cooler as mid to upper 40s all week. Was 70 today, so nice. Don't need this moisture.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Started operation "jumpstart" on the upcoming resolutions. Decided if I started before Christmas then maybe I wouldn't feel so guilty if I indulged, just a tiny bit, over the upcoming holidays. I've been a little too easy on myself in the heat of summer and now the cold nasties. So, jumped on the elliptical this morning and here it is almost noon and I've not eaten yet. I'm going to try to ease into intermittent fasting, lol. Had salad straight outta the garden last night, and while it was delicious, it' didn't stick with me through the night. Woke up starving but so far haven't given in. Just trying to stay busy...

I picked a bunch of lettuce last night and covered what was left because of the forecast. I guess I might wanna go take the sheet off the next time I go out.

I've got several sows in an area I gardened in a few years back. They're doing a good job of tearing it up... I mean cleaning it up, lol. Maybe it'll be a good place to plant a few things in next year.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
If you get rid of your pigs, you sure are gonna miss their tiller actions! How well do AGH piglets and butcher size pigs sell in your area?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It'll be years before I get rid of all my pigs...if ever. Lately I've been selling several at a time to a guy who comes and harvests them here and takes them to his place for cutting up. I've sold him at least 6 or 7 in the last year or so. Not sure I'll sell to him again...last time he didn't bring enough fire power and ended up having to take too many shots to finish 'em off. I'm not into pig torture... :( Selling babies is hit or miss. I've run ads that never got a response and ads where I've sold out in a day or so.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Errands, errands, and more errands was the name of the game today. We left here before 10am and didn't get home until 3pm. What a way to use up a day! But, we got a lot done including getting my truck inspected. I hate doing that but whatcha gonna do? Also picked up some feed, some meds for MIL and visited with her a bit. It was a long day and DH and I were really hungry by the time we got home. Intermittent fasting on steroids, lol. DH's blood sugar was starting to drop after not eating all day so he munched on a granola bar on the way home from town.

I cooked up a ribeye, some mushrooms and a parsnip for our late lunch. First time I've ever tried parsnips and I like 'em. However, I didn't realize they were quite as carby as they are. So, we just had a small serving. Haven't eaten anything else and I don't think I will today. But, I can't say that I'm not sipping on a cocktail, lol.

I did a little google search for "the healthiest liquor" the other day and found that tequila ranks very high on the health meter. Only 69 calories an ounce and carb free! So I've got some diet ruby red grapefruit juice and a shot of tequila. I think I'll sleep good tonight!

Latest posts